The Malami Ubandoma of Sokoto, Alhaji Saidu Umar, has emerged as the governorship candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party in the state.
Umar, the immediate past Secretary to the Sokoto State Government,
emerged as the party flagbearer through consensus arrangements in an election held at the International Conference Centre, Kasarwa.
ROYAL NEWS reliably gathered that the former Commissioner for Environment and the son of a former governor, Hon. Sagir Bafarawa, will be the running mate of the governorship candidate at the poll.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
ROYAL NEWS eCopy March 28, 2022
- ONDO: 77 victims found underground were awaiting second coming of Jesus Christ— Pastors
- MURIC TO NECO : PLEASE SHIFT EXAM FROM SALAH DAY
- GOC urges troops not to be distracted by operational hardships
- Customs Onne Port command generates N115.26bn in H1
- Gov. Abdulrazaq approves job recruitment in Kwara
- UNICEF Commends the Rescue of Over 50 Abducted Children in Ondo
- Buhari inaugurates 55km road in Yobe
- 11 die in incinerated vehicles on Lagos-Ibadan Expressway
- Ekiti residents urge governor-elect to give priority to security
- EMIR OF ILORIN COMMISERATES WITH OKE-ODE COMMUNITY, KWARA NUJ