Uganda has received the first batch of the presidential ballot papers for the Jan. 14, 2021 polls, the electoral commission said here late on Thursday.
“This is indeed a sign of our readiness to deliver the elections as scheduled,” Justice Simon Byabakama Mugenyi, chairperson of the electoral commission, said.
The electoral body last month cleared 11 presidential candidates, including the incumbent President Yoweri Museveni and his main opposition competitor, pop star Robert Kyagulanyi to run in the polls.
- World cup riots break out after Morocco’s shock 2-0 win over Belgium
- UK Arrival: Some selected pictures of Emir of Ilorin
- Abuja-Kaduna Rail service starts in 7 days– FG
- Kwara govt. re-opens College of Education, Ilorin
- Dangote plans 300,000 fresh jobs for Nigerians
- Minister Okays Security Measures For Abuja/Kaduna Train Transport Scheme
- Adeleke freezes Osun bank accounts immediately after swearing-in
- Adekeke rename Osun after sworn in as sixth governor
- Nigeria to begin processing of raw gold, others — Minister
- Why we retained workers in Ajaokuta inspite not being fully operational — minister