Chelsea football club of England is set to lose as much as five first team players according to a new report.
On Thursday, the club’s owner, Roman Abramovich was sanctioned by the UK government and his assets frozen over Russia’s invasion of Ukraine and even though Chelsea have been granted special permission to continue operating, the club will be unable to sell tickets to matches, sell club merchandise and sign players when the transfer window opens.
According to talkSPORT, Chelsea have four senior players who are set to be out of contract at the end of the season.
Antonio Rudiger, Cesar Azplicueta, Andreas Christensen and Charly Musonda are the senior players who are entering the final months of their deals, with the club in the process of handling their respective situations.
Also, Saul Niguez’s future also looks to have been decided with Chelsea now unable to activate the purchase option in his loan deal from Atletico Madrid which expires this summer.
Defender, Rudiger has been in outstanding form and is open of the world’s best defenders.
He has attracted interest from Real Madrid, Paris Saint-Germain and Manchester United.
Club captain, Azpilicueta who is also out of contract, has been at Stamford Bridge for ten years.
Christensen is also close to agreeing a deal to join Barcelona while Musonda has already confirmed his plan to leave the club this summer.
- Breaking …New Emir emerged in Dutse, Muhammadu Hameem
- Lawan, Gbajabiamila sued over failure to cut N228.1bn NASS budget
- Kaduna State Internal Revenue Service insists on e-payment in hospitals
- Buhari invested more in vulnerable women, youth– Minister
- Buhari’s appointees sabotaging his administration– APC Stakeholders
- INEC won’t disappoint Nigerians in 2023 General Election– REC
- NYSC DG warns corps members against unauthorised trips
- 2023 election: Tinubu’s presidential bid is a divine project – Kekemeke
- 2023 Election: Clergy advises Nigerians to protect their votes
- Civil Society Organisations in Borno empathise with Nigerians over cash crunch