Umahi, who also expressed intention for the presidency, however drummed support for Lawan on Saturday in his Abuja residence, when he hosted the senate president.
A statement from Lawan’s media team, signed by Danladi Bako, said Umahi restated his commitment to support Lawan’s quest to emerge as the APC presidential candidate at the primaries scheduled for June 6 to 8.
Umahi extolled the virtues of humility, teamwork, intelligence and unalloyed party loyalty demonstrated by Lawan.
Lawan had earlier said the purpose of his visit was to seek Umahi’s collaboration and cooperation in furtherance of their individual intentions to clinch the ticket.
Lawan praised Umahi’s execution of infrastructural projects within the last seven years, “which now makes Ebonyi an epicentre of beauty and development despite the lean resources accruing to the state.
“Indeed, Gov. Umahi worked assiduosly for me to emerge as Senate President in 2019, despite being in the opposition party, the People’s Democratic Party,” Lawan noted.
The duo reinforced the need to support Buhari in whatever decision he makes on the issue of selecting a candidate capable of winning the general elections, as well as keeping the party united and focussed.
- Tinubu in Abuja not in the United States says APC PCC
- Aishatu Gobir delivers UNILORIN 219th Inaugural Lecture Dec. 1
- Late KWASU VC: University Releases Appreciation Notification
- BREAKING… IGP, Usman Baba sentenced to prison
- Arsonists cannot deter us from holding 2023 elections, INEC Chairman
- Bank failure: Depositors’ monies safe– NDIC assures
- FG approves 2-week paternity leave for civil servants
- Labour Party challenges Tinubu to open debate with Peter Obi
- Society for Peace Holds 16th Annual Conference Nov. 30
- If you think migrating legally is good for you, go– Femi Adesina