The United Nations Secretary General, Antonio Gutiérres, has called countries across the world to intensify efforts in supporting the organization in actualizing its numerous goals.He stated this in a statement signed marking this year’s UN day, a copy made available to ROYAL NEWS on Tuesday.Gutiérres noted that, “there is an obvious needs to remind all of the greater need to support the Organisation to enable it meets the various challenges confronting governments and people in various parts of the world.”According to him, “The world’s problems transcend borders and the governments and people across the world should transcend their differences to transform the future”“Through its agencies and organs, the UN continues to fight inequality, promote education for all and gender equality. The Organisation is also at the forefront of the quest for a greener world by promoting Environmental sustainability and helping to combat the negative consequences of Climate change.”The UN secretary General however stressed that, “The successes of the UN in these areas are indeed indication that the UN is working for humanity; and deserve continuous support.“It is particularly note worthy that at this period in its history the UN is at the forefront of the efforts to ensure that humanity does not drift into the future and has taken steps to help the people shape the future as envisioned and encapsulated in the UN Sustainable Development Goals SDGs-Agenda 2030.”Also, the Secretary General, United Nations Association of Nigeria, Engr Gani Owolabi, in a statement reinstated the commitment of members to continue to work towards global peace and achievement of the SDGs in Nigeria and around the world.
He said: “We also call on the Government of President Muhammadu Buhari to continue its impressive support to the Organisation and its various Agencies, as a major player within the UN and its Agencies, and a top troop contributing country to UN peace keeping operations, a major tool of the Organization for the maintenance of international Peace and Security.”
Facebook Comments Box
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- KAM Holding CEO rejoices with Abubakar Sulu-Gambari on attainment of SAN rank
- Nigeria-Saudi Chamber of Commerce Will Deepen Countries’ Relations —Minister
- FAAN boss commends increase in passengers traffic at Abuja airport
- Ciroma of Ilorin, A.B. Sulu-Gambari, 61 others make final SANs list (FULL NAMES)
- Enugu West: Onyeama lied in affidavit claiming that I’m dead —Okah
- Yobe North: I accept the court judgement — Lawan
- Emir of Ilorin rejoices with Durosinlohun Kawu, Idris Haroon over National Honour Awards
- Senate considers bill to regulate informal sector employment
- Senate directs NEMA, others to help flood victims nationwide
- Senate hints on Electoral Offences Bill for 2023 elections