Arsenal have been without a win in their last seven games following the Thursday 2-1 defeat against Eintracht Frankfurt in the Europa League.
The football club is currently experiencing their worst run of results since 1992, leading to the termination of Emery as the Head coach of the team.
Arsenal has only won four of their thirteen Premier league matches this season causing them to sit at the 8th position of the table with 8 points away from the Champions league place on the EPL table.
Unai Emery took over from Arsene Wenger after spending 22 year as the football club’s manager, in which Emery was sacked after 18months as the Gaffer of the team “due to results and performances not being at the level requires” according to a club statement.
A former midfielder of the football club also a member of the ‘The invincibles’ Freddie Ljungberg, will take over as the interim head coach as the club searches for a new permanent replacement for Emery.
Arsenal director Josh Kroenke said: “Our most sincere thanks go to Unai and his colleagues who were unrelenting in their efforts to get the club back to competing at the level we all expect and demand.
“We wish Unai and his team nothing but future success.”
Arsenal say they have “full confidence” in Ljungberg, who will take charge of the Gunners for the first time against Norwich on Sunday.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Kogi Assembly seals Dangote Cement factory
- Kwara NUJ holds Ilorin NBA in friendly match to mark 2022 Press week
- Google announces first Cloud Region in Africa
- Kaduna CP warns against extra judicial killings
- Senate moves to make Nigeria manufacturing country
- Senate exits Customs, FIRS, NCC, others from budget
- Senate confirms 19 RECs, NUPRC Executive Commissioner
- Ijara-Isin monarch hails TIC Chairman on birthday occasion
- Nigeria in Calamitous situation over oil theft, vandalism, others — NNPCL
- Minister, others reject Senate’s bill on proposed innovation agency