Unemployment: Manufacturer urges youths to invest in scavenging business
Mr Marshal Izebhijie, a polythene and polyester manufacturer in Edo says one veritable avenue for wealth creation among youths in the country, is for them to invest in scavenging.
Izebhijie, who is the Managing Director, IDDN Reliance International Ltd, said this in an interview with ROYAL NEWS in Benin on Wednesday.
He described scavenging business as lucrative, saying that youths could make up to N40,000 a month from sourcing of plastic waste for recycling companies.
Izebhijie said involvement of youths in plastic waste collection would also reduce the challenge of procuring recycling materials for nylon bags production.
“Collection of plastic waste is a good business and the supply of such waste is currently less than the demand by recycling companies.
“High and low density plastic waste can be recycled to produce a range of useful products.
“We have agents who are like distributors, who buy plastic waste from scavengers who go from house to house collecting the waste.
“The agents then supply the waste to factories in tons; we can buy between 30 to100 tons of waste as raw materials for production of nylon products,” he explained.
Izebhijie however, called on the government to create the enabling environment as well as structures to enable youths go into scavenging business full time.
Copyright 2023 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
Download ROYAL NEWS app
- Davido announces album release, returns to social media
- President Buhari commissions new office of National Security Adviser (Photos)
- Protesters call for Interim Govt, INEC chairman arrest
- I will never be a member of APC– Fayose
- PHOTO NEWS : Gov. AbdulRazaq visits Iyiola Akogun
- Saudi Arabia releases date on when Ramadan fasting will start
- Gov. AbdulRazaq’s re-election victory is deserving—Nupehood boss
- Peter Obi rigged 2023 election, not Tinubu – Asari Dokubo
- Time for politicking is over — Tinubu
- Breaking….CBN Gov., Godwin Emefiele Raises Interest Rate To 18%