Dr Benedicta Ehanire, Public Relations Officer of the institution, made this disclosure in a statement issued on Thursday in Benin.
Ehanire said that the appointment, which has been ratified by the university’s Governing Council, would take effect from April 1.
She said that Bobola would succeed Mrs. Otasowie Oshodin, who retired in May 2020.
According to the spokesman, Mr Clarkson Ehigiator has been holding brief as Acting Registrar since 2020 due to the restriction on conducting a physical interview for the post of a substantive Registrar, as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic.
The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that until his appointment, Bobola was the Registrar of the Federal Polytechnic, Ile-Oluji, Ondo State.
He holds a Bachelor of Education in English from the Federal University of Technology, Akure (FUTA) and a Master in Applied Linguistics from Aston University, Birmingham, UK.
He was also a one-time Deputy Registrar at FUTA and the pioneer Registrar of Mountain Top University, Ogun.
Bobola is a member of several professional bodies.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Breaking…. Kwara Gov. makes fresh appointments
- Bill demanding to Legalize Power Rotation stepped down in Senate
- Senate Moves to Whittle Down Powers of CBN Governor
- National Assembly’s Clerk, Amos Ojo solicits support for security agencies
- 2022 Olojo: Ooni assures of restoration of Nigeria’s lost glory
- SAD….Emir of Ilorin mourns late CSO, ASP Adebayo Olowoyo
- Emir Sulu-Gambari celebrates Turaki of Ilorin, Saliu Mustapha at 50
- APC appoints Omole as Director, Diaspora of Campaign Council
- FUT Minna appoints new Vice Chancellor, (Read Profile)
- PDP: Nothern coalition stages protest in Kaduna, says Ayu must resign