The leadership of the Academic Staff Union of Nigerian Universities (ASUU), University of Ilorin chapter, has expressed gratitude to the federal government over the payment of UNILORIN lecturers N754 million,”Earned Allowance”.
ROYAL NEWS reports that the national leadership of ASUU had fought for the exclusion of University of Ilorin from the payment because the local ASUU had severed itself from national body for close to two decades now,and therefore was not
part of the struggle.U
UNILORIN ASUU chairman, Dr Abdulraheem Usman, on Wednesday however, told newsmen in Ilorin, Kwara state that the ‘Earned Allowance’ has been paid to lecturers in the university.
He also said that all the lecturers presently on the campus with the exclusion of those on leave, retired or late have been paid since the last four days .
“We paid everyone including those who are among us but are against us. So,all members of ASUU not on leave have been paid.
“For those who are late,we have asked the registry to reconcile the proper account so that we can pay the family.
“We have also asked those who have resigned to come with their papers,they would be paid. Everyone captured within the year 2009-2012 that the money was meant for would be paid.”
He clarified that the union did not beg anyone before the money was paid to them,saying that it was their legitimate right
because they worked for it.
“It was not strike allowance, but Earned Allowance. So,we deserved it more than any other member because we didn’t go on strike,and that was why we didn’t go to beg anyone over the payment .Though some members said we should go and beg, but we
declined. We merely dissolved their ego on the altar of courage and resilience”.
He commended the understanding of the minister of education, the Accountant General of the Federation and other stakeholders towards the payment, and
also called for the payment of the second tranche 2013-2017 which though he said no university has been paid
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- 62 National Day, Sen. Enang urges Nigerians to keep hope alive
- Sheikh Aboto’s death has left another vacuum in dawwah activities— Emir of Ilorin
- KAM Holding CEO rejoices with Abubakar Sulu-Gambari on attainment of SAN rank
- Nigeria-Saudi Chamber of Commerce Will Deepen Countries’ Relations —Minister
- FAAN boss commends increase in passengers traffic at Abuja airport
- Ciroma of Ilorin, A.B. Sulu-Gambari, 61 others make final SANs list (FULL NAMES)
- Enugu West: Onyeama lied in affidavit claiming that I’m dead —Okah
- Yobe North: I accept the court judgement — Lawan
- Emir of Ilorin rejoices with Durosinlohun Kawu, Idris Haroon over National Honour Awards
- Senate considers bill to regulate informal sector employment