AUYHORITY of the University of Ilorin has concluded arrangements to commence the distribution of all outstanding PC Tablets to concerned students immediately after the New Year break.
The Vice-Chancellor, Prof. Abdulganiyu Ambali,on Wednesday disclosed that a Committee set up by the management would meet with all stakeholders on January 10, 2017 to work out the modalities for the distribution of the PC Tablets for both the 2015/2016 and the 2016/2017 academic sessions’ intakes.
Prof. Ambali explained that the delay in distributing the PC Tablets to students admitted during the 2015/2016 academic session was due to the inability of the contractor to supply the consignment on schedule.
Blaming the problem on the vagaries of the economy, Prof. Ambali said that the supply contract was issued to the vendor at a time when the exchange rate of the naira was N162 to $1.
The Vice-Chancellor said, “But shortly after the contract agreement was signed, the Naira exchange rate began showing some fluctuations against the dollar and as a result of this, the vendor/supplier decided to hold on to see if he could get foreign exchange at the official rate”, adding that “this however became a problem, as he was unable to get what he was looking for, and the Naira depreciated further”.
- Businesses crumble in Kaduna as traders lament scarcity of new, old naira notes
- Adeleke directs immediate payment of arrears of half salaries for civil servants
- INEC speaks on PVC safety as gunmen burn Anambra office
- Fuel scarcity: IPMAN assures petrol will be available in two weeks
- Why we are fighting corruption — Lai Mohammed
- EFCC restates commitments to tackling electoral fraud
- OPINION: As Kunle Akogun Hits Diamond Age
- PHOTO NEWS: Late Emir of Dutse requests to be buried in public cemetery
- N34.1bn generated as IGR in 2022– Kwara Govt
- Buhari inaugurates new MOFI Board, says FG targets N100trn