AUTHORITY of the University of Ilorin has expressed concerns over the prevalence of Lassa Fever and Coronavirus diseases which has claimed many lives globally.
However, the institution is set to put in place a Disease Outbreak Response Team(UNILORIN DORT) to address the challenge in response to the global threat.
The Director of the Institute of Molecular Science and Biotechnology,Prof.O.M. Kolawole, said that the UNILORIN DORT, which would be constituted by professionals from relevant fields and units would also work in affiliation with the Kwara State Epidemiology Unit and the Nigerian Centre for Disease Control (NCDC).
“UNILORIN DORT would, among other duties, carry-out preventive and diagnostic services to ensure that the infectious diseases are swiftly combated and eradicated from our society as part of the University’s contributions to human development.”
- Emefiele reveals what will happen to old naira notes after Feb. 10 deadline
- Peace Corps sets for Buhari’s assent to Bill, begins members’ training
- NURTW warns members against rejecting old naira notes
- JAMB opens up on extending registration
- JAMB suspends CBT centre in Kwara for violating rules
- COVID-19 remains International health threat, WHO warns
- 59 confirmed dead and 157 injured in Pakistan mosque bomb blast
- Redesigned notes: Lagos residents groan as scarcity hits hard
- West Ham set up Man United tie by beating Derby
- No room for deadline extension, JAMB Registrar, Oloyede warns prospective applicants