The National Universities Commission (NUC) Accreditation Team has commended the management of the University of Ilorin for investing
heavily on its Faculty of Education, describing it as one of the best in the country.
The team leader, Prof. Adegboyega Alaba, gave the commendation while briefing the University management on the outcome of the accreditation
exercise to the Faculty. Prof. Alaba said that his team was pleased with the level of progress
and development taking place at the Faculty and urged the University management to sustain the tempo.
Commending the University of Ilorin on the adequate attention it is paying to the Faculty of Education, the team leader pointed out that
the Faculty is the mother of all Faculties and should be seen as such.
He, therefore, advised the University management to continue to keep an eye on the Faculty and ensure the sustainability and maintenance of
all the equipment and other teaching aids therein.
Also, the leader of another Accreditation Team to the Department of Educational Technology, Faculty of Education, Prof. Abdullahi Tukur Kadage, has described the accreditation exercise as impressive.
He said that the team was very impressed with the materials that were presented to it by the Department to work on, adding that the Head of
the Department as well as the staff were very cooperative and cordial.
Prof. Tukur explained that the purpose of the exercise was to evaluate and assess two programmes of the Faculty of Education namely B.Sc. Ed. Education Technology and B.Sc. Ed. Education Technology (Woodwork).
In his remarks, the Vice-Chancellor of the University, Prof. Sulyman Age Abdulkareem, disclosed that the Faculty of Education is the richest Faculty in the University, as it has the highest number of students.
Prof. Abdulkareem also disclosed that the University is working on the building of a state-of-the-art language laboratory for the Faculty and commended the NUC team for its painstaking efforts and objective assessment.
- Late KWASU VC: University Releases Appreciation Notification
- BREAKING… IGP, Usman Baba sentenced to prison
- Arsonists cannot deter us from holding 2023 elections, INEC Chairman
- Bank failure: Depositors’ monies safe– NDIC assures
- FG approves 2-week paternity leave for civil servants
- Labour Party challenges Tinubu to open debate with Peter Obi
- Society for Peace Holds 16th Annual Conference Nov. 30
- If you think migrating legally is good for you, go– Femi Adesina
- Lagos 2023: Two guber candidates step down for Jandor
- Housewife, 20, arrested for allegedly killing her co-wife with pestle in Bauchi