This is contained in a letter addressed to the Director of Works, University of Ilorin, Engr. Mudathir Abisoye, and signed by the Federal Controller of Works of the Federal Ministry of Works, Engr. Atitebi Wasiu.
Dated January 11, 2022 and entitled “Award of Contract for the Rehabilitation of Internal Roads at the University of Ilorin”, the letter explained that the contract was awarded to Messrs Charnel Engineering Company Limited.
In a separate letter of award of contract addressed to the Contractor, which was dated November 19, 2021 and signed by the Assistant Director, Highways (Planning) on behalf of the Minister of Works, the project is expected to be completed on or before June 23,2022.
Speaking on the development, the Vice-Chancellor of the University of Ilorin, Prof. Sulyman Age Abdulkareem, commended the Federal Ministry of Works for the gesture, saying that the road rehabilitation project would further boost the environmental aesthetics of the University campus.
Prof. Abdulkareem pointed out that when completed, the rehabilitated road networks would also enhance smooth movement of staff and students as well as visitors on the campus.
In his own comment, the Director of Works, University of Ilorin, Engr. Abisoye, also appreciated the Federal Government for its prompt response to the request of the University and prayed that this kind of good rapport would continue.
Engr. Abisoye urged the contractor to do a good job that must meet the Unilorin’s better by far standard”.
The Director disclosed that the contractor had assured him that work would commence on the road rehabilitation any time from now, adding that “we urge the contractor to keep to the contract terms and complete the work on schedule”.
Also welcoming the development, a cross-section of staff and students of the University described the decision of the Federal Government as “a good gesture and a fascinating way of beginning a New Year”.
- Hypertension, Diabetes, Cancers, Others Responsible for 22% of Premature Deaths—WHO
- Breaking…… Kwara Gov. makes fresh appointments
- Croatia knocks out ‘confident’ Brazil from Qatar 2022 Fifa World Cup
- Cashless Policy: CBN meets Senate panel on cash withdrawal limit
- Labour Party sacks publicity secretary, Ogun chapter excos
- NUJ recognises Osoba, Dokpesi, others as icons in media industry
- Newly redesigned Naira now in banks, ready for issuance – Emefiele
- FG develops renewable energy policy to add 30,000MW of electricity
- Buhari congratulates ex-Minister of Defence, Theophilus Danjuma at 85
- Buhari celebrates renowned scholar, Prof. Umaru Shehu at 92