By Arowona Abdulazeez & Halimah Mohammed
Barring any last minute change, authority of the University of Ilorin may announce the new Vice Chancellor for the University today (Friday) or latest by weekend ROYAL NEWS has learnt.
It would be recalled that Professor Abdulganiyu Ambali-led administration will expire come October after five years in office.
In a telephone conversation with our correspondent, a source who pleaded anonymity disclosed that about twenty contestants from within and outside the University have been interviewed and the names of successful candidates mostly three, shall be submitted to the council wherein, the most suitable candidate shall be finally selected and announced to the public.
It was also gathered that among candidates who participated in the interview exercise includes; Professor J. A. Obaleye (Chemistry Department), Professor Hassan Saliu (Political Science Department), Professor Ahmad Abdulsalam (Arabic Department), Professor Abdulkareem Age (Chemical Engineering Department) Professor Adebayo Lawal (Faculty of Education) Professor Abayomi Omoteso (Faculty of Agriculture) and Professor Job Atte among others.
- New Naira notes: Police warn against violence
- Agriculture contributes 23.78% to GDP – Minister
- PHOTO NEWS: Peter Obi visits Emir of Ilorin
- 2023 elections: NUT opens up on candidate to vote
- World Cancer Day: DevComms advocate public literacy for earlier detection
- Fuel Scarcity: Transporters Demand Removal of Sylva, Kyari
- APC postpones presidential campaign rally in Oyo indefinitely
- Ibadan records another protest over scarcity of fuel, new naira notes
- Peter Obi arrives Kwara for Presidential Campaign rally (photos)
- 13 parties vow to withdraw from election if new naira deadline extends