By Arowona Abdulazeez & Halimah Mohammed
Barring any last minute change, authority of the University of Ilorin may announce the new Vice Chancellor for the University today (Friday) or latest by weekend ROYAL NEWS has learnt.
It would be recalled that Professor Abdulganiyu Ambali-led administration will expire come October after five years in office.
In a telephone conversation with our correspondent, a source who pleaded anonymity disclosed that about twenty contestants from within and outside the University have been interviewed and the names of successful candidates mostly three, shall be submitted to the council wherein, the most suitable candidate shall be finally selected and announced to the public.
It was also gathered that among candidates who participated in the interview exercise includes; Professor J. A. Obaleye (Chemistry Department), Professor Hassan Saliu (Political Science Department), Professor Ahmad Abdulsalam (Arabic Department), Professor Abdulkareem Age (Chemical Engineering Department) Professor Adebayo Lawal (Faculty of Education) Professor Abayomi Omoteso (Faculty of Agriculture) and Professor Job Atte among others.
- SAD….34-year-old Sodiq Adebisi dies during football training
- 150 Days in Office: CDS, Gen. CG Musa: A Pragmatic silent achiever
- Ibadan-based herbalist, Ojuwoni Atakoro, one other remanded in Ilorin prison
- Proper use of national budget, critical to economic dev —Akpabio
- EFCC, DSS, NCoS bosses To Face Reps C’ttee Over Failed Attempt To Rearrest Emefiele
- Senator Hussaini sympathises with Kaduna people over misdirected bombing
- Senator Natasha seeks NCDMB, NAFDAC partnership on alternative medicine
- Senate gives NPA 48hrs ultimatum to produce unaccounted $1.8bn
- KWASACA seeks stakeholders’ support to end HIV/AIDS by 2030
- Kwara govt collaborates with NDLEA to fight drug abuse