By Arowona Abdulazeez & Halimah Mohammed
Barring any last minute change, authority of the University of Ilorin may announce the new Vice Chancellor for the University today (Friday) or latest by weekend ROYAL NEWS has learnt.
It would be recalled that Professor Abdulganiyu Ambali-led administration will expire come October after five years in office.
In a telephone conversation with our correspondent, a source who pleaded anonymity disclosed that about twenty contestants from within and outside the University have been interviewed and the names of successful candidates mostly three, shall be submitted to the council wherein, the most suitable candidate shall be finally selected and announced to the public.
It was also gathered that among candidates who participated in the interview exercise includes; Professor J. A. Obaleye (Chemistry Department), Professor Hassan Saliu (Political Science Department), Professor Ahmad Abdulsalam (Arabic Department), Professor Abdulkareem Age (Chemical Engineering Department) Professor Adebayo Lawal (Faculty of Education) Professor Abayomi Omoteso (Faculty of Agriculture) and Professor Job Atte among others.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Emir of Ilorin rejoices with Durosinlohun Kawu, Idris Haroon over National Honour Awards
- Senate considers bill to regulate informal sector employment
- Senate directs NEMA, others to help flood victims nationwide
- Senate hints on Electoral Offences Bill for 2023 elections
- Tstv accepts pay per view model against other stakeholders
- Breaking…. Kwara Gov. makes fresh appointments
- Bill demanding to Legalize Power Rotation stepped down in Senate
- Senate Moves to Whittle Down Powers of CBN Governor
- National Assembly’s Clerk, Amos Ojo solicits support for security agencies
- 2022 Olojo: Ooni assures of restoration of Nigeria’s lost glory