AUTHORITY of the University of Ilorin has appointed two new Deputy Vice Chancellor fo the University.
They are Prof. (Mrs.) Sylvia Omonirume Malomo of the Department of Biochemistry, Faculty of Life Sciences, and Prof. Mikhail Olayinka Buhari of the Department of Pathology, Faculty of Clinical Sciences.
ROYAL NEWS reports that while Prof. Malomo became the Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Academic), Prof. Buhari was made Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Research, Technology and Innovations).
This followed the expiration of the tenure of Prof. N. Y. S. Ijaiya and Prof. Gabriel Olatunji, Deputy Vice-Chancellors (Academic and Research, Technology and Innovations) respectively, whose tenures will soon expire.
Further checks revealed that the DVC-designate (Academic), Prof. Malomo, was born on April 7, 1957.
She obtained the Bachelor of Science degree, Masters and PhD in Biochemistry from the University of Ibadan between 1979 and 1985.
Prof. Malomo was the first female Dean of the old Faculty of Science, University of Ilorin, before the Faculty was split into the Faculties of Physical Sciences and Life Sciences. Until her new appointment, she was the Chairman of the University’s Computer-Based Tests (CBT) Committee.
Also, the new DVC (RTI), Prof. Buhari, was born on March 14, 1969. The Consultant Pathologist/Chairman, Medical Advisory Committee, obtained the MBBS from the University of Ilorin in 1991 and became a Fellow of the West African College of Physician in 2002, the same year he joined the services of the University of Ilorin as Lecturer 1 in the Department of Pathology.
Prof. Buhari, who rose to the Professorial rank in 2012, was Ag. Chief Medical Director, University of Ilorin Teaching Hospital, between March 18 and June 19, 2018.
- Naira notes: CBN approves Feb. 10 as new deadline
- Buhari tackling problems others ran from– Tinubu
- Solanke-Koya urges Aviation Minister to reject payment of airfare in foreign currency
- Gusau expresses interest to run for Certified Athletic Administrator Presidency
- Lassa fever death rate raises to 13 in Edo
- APC reveals what will happen as Osinbajo absent at Tinubu’s campaign in Lagos
- Peter Obi takes campaign to Borno, promises to end insecurity
- Distribution of 2.83m mosquito nets begin in Ebonyi
- 2023: Groups target 1million votes for Tinubu in Osun
- Gov. Sanwo-Olu purchases 100 cars for Lagos civil servants