Authority of the University of Ilorin has apprehended three suspected miscreants, who have been terrorising the University community for some time now.
ROYAL NEWS reports that the suspects have been handed over to the police for further actions.
The arrest, according to reports, was made after the University Security Patrol Team raided the hoodlum while operating in one of the class areas of the University.
Reacting to the development, the Sub-Dean, Student Affairs, Dr. Alex Akanmu, said that for some weeks the University community has been witnessing cases of robbery by miscreants.
Akanmu, who spoke on behalf of the Dean, Student Affairs, Prof. L. T. Ajibade, confirmed that the miscreants have been coming through the back route of the University, especially at night, to attack students reading in the classrooms with the aim of stealing their belongings like phones, laptops and other valuables.
He said: “The culprits were caught by the University security patrol team, stealing students’ property, barging into their lecture rooms with cutlasses to frighten them during their night classes”.
“The gang members have been handed over to the police and that all the stolen property of the students have been recovered and have been given back to the owners”.
- SMEDAN empowers 90 youth with sewing machines, others in Plateau
- Rukaiya Atiku backs husband as ‘only candidate who supports women’
- Eto’o tenders apology over violent conduct
- Atiku visits Ooni, pledges restructuring
- Buhari transmits FCT 2023 Budget to Senate
- Obi has nothing to offer Nigerians says APC
- Morocco win Spain 3-0 on penalty knock out
- Kanye celebrates Saint’s 7th birthday at Kim’s house
- NiMet alerts on thick dust haze in Kano, Katsina, others
- Naira redesigned: Maximum cash withdrawal now N100,000