Dr Rebecca Okojie, a Deputy Registrar at the University of Ilorin, has been appointed as Registrar of the Federal University, Lokoja, Kogi.
This is contained in a statement signed by Mr Kunle Akogun, the Director of Corporate Affairs, Unilorin, on Monday.
According to him, Okojie’s appointment, follows her successful performance in a rigorous interview, and was announced by authorities of the institution in Lokoja.
He said the new registrar would be bringing on board the services of the federal university a vast experience in university administration.
“Okojie was, until her appointment, the Director, Administration and Operational Services, Vice-Chancellor’s Office, Kwara State University, Malete, where she had been on sabbatical leave since 2021.”
Akogun stated that the Vice-Chancellor of Unilorin, Prof. Sulyman Abdulkareem, also expressed joy with Okojie on her appointment.
Quoting the vice chancellor, he described her appointment as well deserved, saying that the new registrar is a thorough-bred and outstanding administrator.
“Abdulkareem said that the management and staff of the University of Ilorin were not surprised with the appointment as he remarked that the new Registrar has paid her dues.
“The Vice-Chancellor further explained that the appointment of Okojie was ‘a worthy addition to the glowing and growing accomplishments of the University and its individual staff members’ who are being tasked with the leadership of other institutions because of what they have achieved at the University of Ilorin,” he said.
“The Vice-Chancellor urged Okojie should see her appointment as a challenge, while enjoining her to ensure that she devotes all her resources towards the progress and development of the Federal University, Lokoja.
“He also encouraged the new Registrar to continue to see herself as a brand Ambassador of the University of Ilorin, and wished her a very successful and rewarding tenure of office,” he added.
- INEC speaks on PVC safety as gunmen burn Anambra office
- Fuel scarcity: IPMAN assures petrol will be available in two weeks
- Why we are fighting corruption — Lai Mohammed
- EFCC restates commitments to tackling electoral fraud
- OPINION: As Kunle Akogun Hits Diamond Age
- PHOTO NEWS: Late Emir of Dutse requests to be buried in public cemetery
- N34.1bn generated as IGR in 2022– Kwara Govt
- Buhari inaugurates new MOFI Board, says FG targets N100trn
- Over 50 Emirs, others witness late Dutse monarch’s funeral prayer
- Emir Sulu-Gambari commiserates with Jigawa govt. over Dutse monarch’s death