The Vice-Chancellor of the Universnity of Ilorin, Prof. Sulyman Age Abdulkareem, has paid glowing tributes to the Emir of Ilorin and Chairman, Kwara State Council of Emirs and Obas, Alhaji(Dr.)Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari, CFR, on his 80th birthday.
In a statement signed by the institution’s Director of Corporate Affairs, Mr. Kunle Akogun, the Vice-Chancellor described the Emir as an accomplished jurist, forthright leader, peace-builder and a father-figure not only to the people of Ilorin Emirate but to the generality of Kwarans and Nigerians of divergent extractions.
Prof. Abdukareem said that the distinguished monarch has undoubtedly paid his due as a resourceful judicial officer, frontline administrator and highly rated traditional ruler, who is always sought-after by communities and institutions across and beyond Nigeria for sagely interventions at critical moments.
While recalling the glorious days of Alhaji Sulu-Gambari as a Lawyer and Justice of the Court of Appeal, the Vice-Chancellor said that the reign of the royal father as the Emir of Ilorin and Chairman of the Kwara State Council of Emirs and Obas has evidently been a remarkable blessing to the nation, considering his positive impact and interventions in the all round development of the Ilorin Emirate and Kwara State in general.
Prof. Abdulkareem also saluted the exciting contributions of the Emir in other facets of national development, adding that the impact of the traditional ruler in the development of sister universities where he had served as Chancellor at various times would forever remain imperishable.
The Vice-Chancellor said that Unilorin is very proud of the achievements of the Emir, particularly in the promotion of peace and progress of the University’s host community, which, he said, has been of tremendous benefit to the institution.
Prof. Abdulkareem, who also congratulated the Emir and the Muslim Ummah on the commencement of this year’s Ramadan fast, prayed Allah to grant Alhaji Sulu-Gambari sound health and longevity of life in the continuous service to the Ilorin Emirate and humanity in general.
- PHOTO NEWS: Peter Obi visits Emir of Ilorin
- 2023 elections: NUT opens up on candidate to vote
- World Cancer Day: DevComms advocate public literacy for earlier detection
- Fuel Scarcity: Transporters Demand Removal of Sylva, Kyari
- APC postpones presidential campaign rally in Oyo indefinitely
- Ibadan records another protest over scarcity of fuel, new naira notes
- Peter Obi arrives Kwara for Presidential Campaign rally (photos)
- 13 parties vow to withdraw from election if new naira deadline extends
- UNILORIN VC seeks upgrade of molecular lab to public health lab
- Naira, Fuel, scarcity take shine off 44th Kaduna International Trade Fair