The Vice-Chancellor of the University of Ilorin, Prof. Sulyman Age Abdulkareem, has assured all job applicants that the management of the institution will exercise utmost fairness and objectivity in the forthcoming staff recruitment exercise .
Prof. Abdulkareem stated this in Ilorin stressing that his administration would ensure that the recruitment exercise conforms to the laid-down procedure with equal opportunities given to candidates from across the country in line with the Federal Character Principle of the Federal Government.
The VC added that specific efforts will, however, be made to ensure that would-be academic staff are properly evaluated to ensure that only the most intellectually and professionally qualified, endowed and suitable applicants are recruited to teach in the University. He added that the University is conscious of the need to do everything possible to maintain her towering position among the nation’s institutions of higher learning and hence only the most qualified will be recruited into the teaching cadre.
He also assured staff members who applied for conversion into one job cadre or the other in the services of the University that they have nothing to fear. He said that those that excelled in the evaluation test conducted for that purpose will be converted as envisaged.
He, nevertheless, disclosed that since the exercise is a continuous procedure, those who may not be successful this time around would always have another chance of getting their desires accomplished in future.
- Senate approves Tinubu’s removal of Irukera as FCCPC boss
- NDDC: Senate rejects Anambra as lawmakers biker over Kogi
- Senate Summons Wike , FCT CP over spate of kidnappings
- Reps Reject NNPCL’s OVH Acquisition Report, Order Fresh Investigation
- NNPCL, OPEC Pledge Collaboration to Attract Investments, Grow Production
- COED Tech. lay-off 95 workers in Enugu over alleged irregularities
- ‘Yahoo Plus’ pushes 27yr-old man to kill father for rituals
- (PHOTOS) Army GOC visits Shehu of Borno, sues for collaboration
- NatureNews Targets 5bn Trees Plantation by 2030, Unveils ‘NaijaGreenProject’ Initiative
- NLC suspends nationwide protest