The Vice-Chancellor of the University of Ilorin, Prof. Sulyman Age Abdulkareem, has disclosed that no specific date has been fixed for the resumption of academic activities by students of the University who have been kept off-campus since the outbreak of the Coronavirus pandemic in Nigeria.
Prof. Abdulkareem stated this while speaking with journalists in Ilorin. He said that this became pertinent since the Federal Government is yet to give a specific date for institutions of higher learning in the country to open their gates to their students.
He said: “The University of Ilorin would remain closed to students pending the directives of the constituted authorities. The University is fully prepared to welcome its students back to campus for the completion of the rest of the 2019/2020 academic session and the subsequent new session.”
He said that every arrangement is being perfected to ensure that the campus is made safe and conducive for members of the University community.
The Vice-Chancellor also said that arrangement was also being perfected towards ensuring that the processes of admitting new students begin as stated by the concerned authorities.
He added that it is gratifying that the University of Ilorin remains the choice of the greatest number of intending students.
Answering another question, Prof. Abdulkareem said that he was not surprised about the appointment of some members of staff to serve as vice-chancellors of some sister universities among other positions.
He said that the University of Ilorin is “a training ground not only in the field of academic but also in leadership”.
He explained that the University, being a cosmopolitan institution, which attracts staff and students from every nook and cranny of Nigeria, would certainly continue to turn out leaders whose services would be sought by any institution that desires progress.
- Kwara govt set to sanction owned-tertiary institutions over unlawful recruitments
- Why I stripped naked to pray for Tinubu’ victory– Olaiya Igwe
- Labour Party suspends Arabambi over anti-party activities
- Asake apologizes for appearance at Birmingham shpw
- How I became Radio Presenter, Event Entertainer — Omo Culture
- Gov. Sanni Bello’s Spokesperson, Noel-Berje bags Media Personality Award
- Bandits tackles FG, military of ‘benefitting from insecurity’
- FG lost N113m over Abuja-Kaduna railway closure – NRC
- Aisha Buhari withdraws case against critic Aminu Mohammed
- INEC announces dates for PVCs collection