An undergraduate in the Abia State College of Health, Science and Management Technology, Aba, Felicia Ifeanyi, on Friday, gave birth to a set of triplets at the University of Calabar Teaching Hospital.
Felicia, a resident of Uhet in Akamkpa Local Government Area of Cross River State, said she did not expect to give birth to triplets, adding that they were gift from God.
Her excited husband, Okechuku, told Southern City News on Friday that God gave them the babies without them asking for them.
The joyous mother, whose husband is jobless, however, said she does not have the wherewithal to cater for the babies.
She, therefore, called on government and well-meaning individuals and corporate organisations to come to their rescue.
Felicia said, “I just started schooling last year in Abia State College of Health, Science and Management Technology in Aba when I found out I was pregnant. I am very happy for this bundle of joy that God has given to me but I do not know how we are going to take care of these children in terms of feeding because I am not working.
“I will be happy if the government can come in and assist us even if it is by empowering us in any kind of business just to take care of their needs.”
In his comment, Okechuku said, “When she did her scan in Aba, where she is schooling, my mother advised that we register at the UCTH in Calabar and that was how we came here.
“I feel very excited because this blessing was not what I expected. God has given them to me free of charge and this is what other people are looking for. So, it is a thing of joy for us.
“We need assistance from government or individuals who are willing to help. I do not have any history of triplets in my family and even my community. This is the first time such blessing has come to us.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Breaking…. Kwara Gov. makes fresh appointments
- Bill demanding to Legalize Power Rotation stepped down in Senate
- Senate Moves to Whittle Down Powers of CBN Governor
- National Assembly’s Clerk, Amos Ojo solicits support for security agencies
- 2022 Olojo: Ooni assures of restoration of Nigeria’s lost glory
- SAD….Emir of Ilorin mourns late CSO, ASP Adebayo Olowoyo
- Emir Sulu-Gambari celebrates Turaki of Ilorin, Saliu Mustapha at 50
- APC appoints Omole as Director, Diaspora of Campaign Council
- FUT Minna appoints new Vice Chancellor, (Read Profile)
- PDP: Nothern coalition stages protest in Kaduna, says Ayu must resign