Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka, Anambra State, has suspended a Chinese course in the institution amid fears of a probable spread of the novel Coronavirus.
The Vice-Chancellor of the University, Prof Charles Esomone, disclosed this during a pre-convocation press conference on Monday.
He said the University had also asked its Chinese lecturers, who traveled for Christmas vacation not to return to the University while those who were around had been barred from traveling.
The VC said the Chinese course under Confucius Institute of the University would now be run online.
- Emir of Ilorin salutes Gov. Abdulrahman Abdulrazaq at 63
- Entrepreneurs count losses over scarcity of new Naira notes
- Buhari has indeed subdued Boko Haram — Buratai
- Peter Obi appeals for calm over cash crunch, challenges banks
- How I confronted insurgency as COAS – Buratai
- Kwara Speaker celebrates Gov. Abdulrazaq at 63
- 2023 polls: Buratai solicits support for Tinubu, APC
- CAN felicitates Kwara Gov., AbdulRazaq at 63
- Breaking …New Emir emerged in Dutse, Muhammadu Hameem
- Lawan, Gbajabiamila sued over failure to cut N228.1bn NASS budget