The Vice-Chancellor of the Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka, Anambra State, Prof Charles Esimone, has disclosed that honourary award scheduled to be conferred on the dethroned Emir of Kano, Muhammadu Sanusi II would be done in future convocation ceremonies of the University.
ROYAL NEWS reports that Sanusi was to be honoured with an honorary doctorate degree in risk management at the 14th convocation ceremonies of the University.
He said this on Thursday, stressing that, “The award will be conferred on the former Emir in our future convocation ceremonies. The Senate of the University duly approved the award to former Emir Muhammadu Sanusi.”
Sanusi was dethroned, on Monday, by Governor of Kano, Umar Ganduje, and banished to Nasarawa.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- KAM Holding CEO rejoices with Abubakar Sulu-Gambari on attainment of SAN rank
- Nigeria-Saudi Chamber of Commerce Will Deepen Countries’ Relations —Minister
- FAAN boss commends increase in passengers traffic at Abuja airport
- Ciroma of Ilorin, A.B. Sulu-Gambari, 61 others make final SANs list (FULL NAMES)
- Enugu West: Onyeama lied in affidavit claiming that I’m dead —Okah
- Yobe North: I accept the court judgement — Lawan
- Emir of Ilorin rejoices with Durosinlohun Kawu, Idris Haroon over National Honour Awards
- Senate considers bill to regulate informal sector employment
- Senate directs NEMA, others to help flood victims nationwide
- Senate hints on Electoral Offences Bill for 2023 elections