The Vice-Chancellor of the Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka, Anambra State, Prof Charles Esimone, has disclosed that honourary award scheduled to be conferred on the dethroned Emir of Kano, Muhammadu Sanusi II would be done in future convocation ceremonies of the University.
ROYAL NEWS reports that Sanusi was to be honoured with an honorary doctorate degree in risk management at the 14th convocation ceremonies of the University.
He said this on Thursday, stressing that, “The award will be conferred on the former Emir in our future convocation ceremonies. The Senate of the University duly approved the award to former Emir Muhammadu Sanusi.”
Sanusi was dethroned, on Monday, by Governor of Kano, Umar Ganduje, and banished to Nasarawa.
- Ganduje removes travel ban for Buhari to visit Kano
- 3 policemen killed in Ebonyi by unknown gunmen
- Naira notes: CBN approves Feb. 10 as new deadline
- Buhari tackling problems others ran from– Tinubu
- Solanke-Koya urges Aviation Minister to reject payment of airfare in foreign currency
- Gusau expresses interest to run for Certified Athletic Administrator Presidency
- Lassa fever death rate raises to 13 in Edo
- APC reveals what will happen as Osinbajo absent at Tinubu’s campaign in Lagos
- Peter Obi takes campaign to Borno, promises to end insecurity
- Distribution of 2.83m mosquito nets begin in Ebonyi