Security situation was on Friday tensed at Cedar Crest Hospital, Gudu District, Abuja, where President Muhammadu Buhari’s son, Yusuf, who was injured in a motorbike accident, was hospitalised.
But the security situation around the hospital remained tense, as policemen screened those gaining entry into the medical facility.
The President, who got there around 6pm, had on Thursday alongside his wife and Yusuf’s mother, Aisha, visited the hospital.
A guard near the hospital told one of our correspondents that the First Lady was believed to have slept overnight till Friday.
At about 5.30pm when one of our correspondents got to the hospital, the Kaduna State Governor, Nasir el-Rufai, also arrived to check on Yusuf.
The Kaduna State Governor spent about 20 minutes at the hospital.
“The dignitaries have not stopped coming. We see luxury cars every 10 minutes, we see police escorts; I can’t mention everyone who has visited today.
“But the wife of the President slept in the hospital. She is still with the injured son,” the guard who pleaded anonymity, said.
It was learnt that Yusuf’s friend, Bashir Gwandu, was also at the Intensive Care Unit of the Cedar Crest Hospital, Abuja.
The President’s son had collided with Gwandu during a motorbike race on Tuesday night in Abuja.
Yusuf’s younger sister, Hanan, said his brother was doing well. Hanan, in a message onInstagram, stated, “Yusuf is doing well. Alamdulilahi. Thank you for all the messages.”
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
ROYAL NEWS eCopy March 28, 2022
- EFCC traces N130m illegal trasnfer into ex-Speaker Patricia Etteh’s account
- FCTA laments influx of beggars from states
- NERC releases update on alleged Tariff increment
- Saraki woos Osun PDP delegates, canvasses support for Adeleke
- PHOTO NEWS: Tinubu visits Kwara, salutes Emir Sulu-Gambari
- Tinubu assures of victory against any PDP candidate
- KWACCIMA pleads with FG to reopen Kwara, Niger borders
- Minister promises NDC more supports for effective performance
- 2023: Why I want to contest for Ilorin West/ Asa Reps— Ajia
- BREAKING…. Many school children, others affected as explosion rocks Kano