The remains of the late 18th Sultan of Sokoto, Alhaji Ibrahim Dasuki has been buried amidst tears in Sokoto.
The embattled son of the late Sultan and former National Security Adviser , Colnel Sambo Dasuki (rtd) was however not at the burial.
Dasuki was the 18th Sultan of Sokoto and was deposed by the late Head of State, General Sani Abacha on April, 20, 1996
The remains of the late Sultan arrived Sultan Abubakar III International Airport at about 12:45pm on West Links Airlines N 604 NL and was conveyed in an Ambulance SCS 29 from the airport to the palace for the final rites.
Among those were on the flight included three sons of Dasuki-Abdulsamad, Ahmad and Abba.Others were former Governor Attahiru Bafarawa, Galadima Gari Alhaji Ahmad Attahiru, Former Secretary to the Sultanate Council, Adamu Sifawa, Senator Umaru Dahiru and Magajin Garin Zazzau,among others.
The funeral prayer took place at Sultan Bello Mosque shortly after the afternoon (Zuhr) prayer after which his remains were conveyed in an ambulance to Hubbaren Shehu where they were interred beside the tomb of late Sultan Maccido who died in a plane crash 10 years ago.
Among the people that attended the final rites were the delegation of the Federal Government led by the Chief of Staff to the President, Alhaji Abba Kyari.
The delegation also comprised, the Ministers of Interior, Defence, Justice and FCT, Abuja as well as the Director General, Department of Security Service among others.
The Governors of Kano and Kebbi states and the deputy Governor of Sokoto states were also at the burial.
Others include, former Governors Of Sokoto state and former Ministers of Transport and Defence, Yusuf Sulaiman and Ali Gusau respectively.
- Emir Sulu-Gambari condoles with Etsu Tsaragi over Yahaya’s death
- Breaking….Former Reps member, Yahaya ‘Bulldozer’ is dead
- Court convicts self-acclaimed monarch, ‘Oba Dosunmu’ to 6months jailterm
- Emir of Ilorin rejoices with Ghali Alaaya over NNPCL’s appointment
- Reps Probe EFCC Over Failed Attempts To Rearrest Emefiele From Prison
- NYSC swears in 2,150 corps members in Kwara
- Ex-Rep member, Alajagusi is dead, Kwara Gov. mourns
- Press Week: All men and women must read this story
- Emir Sulu-Gambari mourns over demise of Sheikh Sha’aban and Baba Buhari
- Kwara Governor Mourns Late Scholar, Muyideen Sha’aban