The Advocates For A United Kano – has reacted to the dethronement of Malam Muhammadu Sanusi II, the Emir of Kano, and called on residents to “remain calm”.
“We received with utter shock and disbelief, a statement read by the Secretary to Kano State Government, announcing the removal of Sanusi ll as Emir of Kano.
“This development is saddening, unfortunate and illegal. The ADVOCATES call on all Kanawa and residents of Kano State and beyond to stay calm, and not to resort to any violent reaction whatsoever.
“Violence is no solution to anything, for no one can predict where it may lead to,” the statement signed by Alhaji Bashir Othman Tofa, its Chairman, said.
The statement made available to newsmen on Monday in Abuja expressed absolute faith in the will of the Almighty.
“We absolutely believe in whatever Allah ordains; we put our complete trust in Him, for He has power over all things.
“Be that as it may, the ADVOCATES FOR A UNITED KANO shall continue to challenge, by lawful and peaceful means, each and every brazen act of illegality perpetrated by the Government of Kano State.
“In particular, we have vowed to sustain our judicial challenge to the unlawful law passed by the Kano House of Assembly under which the Governor purportedly removed the Emir,” the statement said. (NAN)
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- SAD….Emir of Ilorin mourns late CSO, ASP Adebayo Olowoyo
- Emir Sulu-Gambari celebrates Turaki of Ilorin, Saliu Mustapha at 50
- APC appoints Omole as Director, Diaspora of Campaign Council
- FUT Minna appoints new Vice Chancellor, (Read Profile)
- PDP: Nothern coalition stages protest in Kaduna, says Ayu must resign
- Nigeria Air: FG selects Ethiopian Airlines as preferred bidder
- Buhari urges more private sector participation in humanitarian sector
- COAS tasks retired officers on maximum utilisation of entitlements
- Sulu-Gambari greets Olomu of Omu-Aran, Oba Adeoti at 66
- PDP governors working to resolve party crisis—Tambuwal