UPDATE…..See what MMM cause to varsity students
For owing tuition fees running into N2billion, 4,410 students of the Osun State University may be expelled from the institution.
In a statement released on Monday by management of the university in Osogbo, the school authority said it was disheartening that over 4000 students were yet to pay their school fees two days to the deadline.
PUNCH reports that many of the defaulting students had collected the money from their parents and guardians but had either invested the money into the failed MMM or diverted same to other matters.
The authority said students who fail to meet the deadline and did not want rustication should apply in writing to the authorities to grant leave of absence for the current semester, pledging to make payments before resumption.
According to the statement: “Over 4,000 students of Osun State University may lose their studentship for failing to pay their school fees before the expiration of February 28, 2017 deadline set by the university management.
“No fewer than 400 parents/guardians of the defaulting students have called the university help lines to report that they had long given money to their children/wards.
“The university senate at its meeting of January 26, 2017, after observing that a large number of students had refused to turn up in spite of ceaseless appeals, decided that the students’ portal be reopened longer into the 12th week of resumption against the four weeks stipulated in the university regulations.
“The decision of the university senate, which was adequately communicated to all the students on February 2, 2017, was to afford more students the opportunity to pay their fees with effect from 17th to 24th February, 2017, a date which was later extended till February 28, 2017.”
Copyright 2023 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
Download ROYAL NEWS app
- Ex-Nigerian Minister, Kola Jamodu installed as Asiwaju of Ere Kingdom (PHOTOS)
- IEYDA applauds Police, Army, others over peaceful conduct of polls
- How FG punished me for going to court over naira policy – Gov Matawalle
- Nigeria’s total public debt stock hits N46.25trn in Q4 2022 – NBS
- Asari Dokubo leads solidarity walk for President-Elect Tinubu in Rivers State
- MC Oluomo bans illegal Agbero taxes in part of Lagos
- Justice AbdulMuttalib Ambali’s demise, great loss to humanity Emir Sulu-Gambari
- TRIBUTE TO LATE HON. JUSTICE MUTALLIB AHMAD AMBALI OFR
- UNILORIN don, Prof. Aishatu Gobir gets new appointment, group reacts
- Ikpeazu sacks all Special Advisers, Aides