No fewer than 291 students on Thursday graduated from the International Vocational, Technical and Entrepreneurship College (IVTEC), Ajase-Ipo in the Irepodun Local Government Area of Kwara state.
ROYAL NEWS reports that this followed their completion of advanced vocational skills in various technical fields.
See pictures below:
The State Governor, Dr Abdulfatah Ahmed in his remarks tasked the graduands to take advantage of the skills acquired to take advantage of the numerous economic opportunities that abound locally, nationally and regionally.
According to the Governor, “Your newly-acquired skills place you in a strong position to take advantage of the extensive business and employment opportunities available to you.
“Indeed, the quality of the training you have received here at IVTEC was driven by global standards and a curriculum designed in partnership the Nigeria Employers Consultative Association (NECA)”.
The Governor also explained that the skills acquired by the IVTEC class of 2018 give them an edge over others not only to create a livelihood for themselves but to be employers of labour.
Governor Ahmed also spoke of his government’s resolve to provide the graduands with start-up funds required to set up various businesses and expand existing ones through affordable micro-credit.
The Governor who underscored the importance of the college, emphasised that IVTEC was established as a way of getting more youths employed and minimised the risk of their involvement in criminal activity, insurgency and other social vices.
The Rector of the College, Dr Adekunle Somide had in his remarks, said 170 of the 291 graduands were the direct result of the state government’s commitment to Youth Employment and Social Support Operations(YESSO) programme.
He told the governor that the graduands, within the three months of their training in various fields, had been exposed to different skills that could make them employers of labour. Governor Ahmed also presented prizes to the best graduating students in the various disciplines, including Miss Latifat Ishaq, who emerges Best Overall Graduating Student.
The Olupo of Ajase-Ipo, Oba Sikirullahi Atanda Sanni expressed gratitude to the governor for the establishment of the college and called on well-to-do individuals and organisations to sponsor youths to acquire skills at the college for overall growth and development.
- (See Pictures) Court sends 20 internet fraudsters to jail in Oyo
- Gbenga Power rejoices with Nigerians on 63rd Independence celebrations
- CJN to inaugurate 23 Federal High Court Judges Oct 4.
- US Court Orders Release of Tinubu’s Academic Records in 48 hrs
- Kwara Proposes N239bn Revised Budget To Assembly
- Gamji Association Tasks Youths To Emulate Virtues Of Founding Fathers
- Fagbemi dissociates FG from N50bn plea bargain with Emefiele
- Nigeria @63: Peaceful co-existence is germane for nat’l growth— Emir Sulu-Gambari
- Nigeria @63: Tinubu approves new minimum wage for FG workers
- (PHOTOS) Three Internet Fraudsters Bag Jail Terms In Benin