The Minister of Defence Major General Bashir Magashi (rtd.) has disclosed that federal government approved the rescue operation by the United States Special Forces in the country.
He spoke with journalists shortly after he defended his Ministry’s budget at the Senate on Tuesday, ROYAL NEWS reports.
The minister said the operation to rescue the kidnapped American which occurred last week was not a violation of the nation’s sovereignty.
The Minister said Nigeria gave permission to the United States “as a friendly country” almost as soon as it was contacted by the government.
He said the Federal Government granted the US all the needed support and permission to carry out the military operation.
The Minister ruled out theories that the United States might have violated Nigeria’s sovereignty.
He said the country was doing the best it could with what was available to the military to deploy adequate technology in its operations.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- 62 National Day, Sen. Enang urges Nigerians to keep hope alive
- Sheikh Aboto’s death has left another vacuum in dawwah activities— Emir of Ilorin
- KAM Holding CEO rejoices with Abubakar Sulu-Gambari on attainment of SAN rank
- Nigeria-Saudi Chamber of Commerce Will Deepen Countries’ Relations —Minister
- FAAN boss commends increase in passengers traffic at Abuja airport
- Ciroma of Ilorin, A.B. Sulu-Gambari, 61 others make final SANs list (FULL NAMES)
- Enugu West: Onyeama lied in affidavit claiming that I’m dead —Okah
- Yobe North: I accept the court judgement — Lawan
- Emir of Ilorin rejoices with Durosinlohun Kawu, Idris Haroon over National Honour Awards
- Senate considers bill to regulate informal sector employment