Uzodinma set to rename Imo varsity to Malam Abba Kyari University
The Governor of Imo State, Hope Uzodimma, has revealed plans to rename the state-owned Imo State University to Mallam Abba Kyari University.
The Governor made this call when the management staff of the university led by the Vice Chancellor, Prof. Adaobi Obasi paid him a visit at the Executive Chambers of the Imo State Government House.
The Governor went on to say that Mallam Abba Kyari played a pivotal role in the liberation of Imo State and no gesture is too big for a man who died as a patriot.
The Governor also said that consultations are underway with relevant stakeholders both in the education sector and in the State to critically look at the situation and take a decision.
The Governor urged the management staff of IMSU to live up to expectation, while pointing out that his Administration is very committed to quality education in the State and that Imo State University as the epicenter can not be left behind.
The University management through the VC commended the Governor for a job well done so far. She also called on all and sundry to support His Excellency to succeed.
Copyright 2023 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
Download ROYAL NEWS app
- Senate President: Group canvasses support for Akpabio
- Adamawa re-run election: CAN calls for calm
- FG confirms May 3 for commencement of 2023 Census
- Gov Adeleke entertains supporters with drumming skills (Video)
- Igbos will worship Tinubu if he can create seaport in Anambra– Cossy Ojiakor
- WAAFA: Cleric seeks support for orphans, less privileged
- Ilorin Emir’s palace ramadan tafsir begins on Monday
- INEC set to issue Certificate of Return to govs, deputy govs-elect
- Facts about Gen. Oladipo Diya as he dies at 79
- DSS raises alarm over plot to incite violence