The Governor of Imo State, Hope Uzodimma, has revealed plans to rename the state-owned Imo State University to Mallam Abba Kyari University.
The Governor made this call when the management staff of the university led by the Vice Chancellor, Prof. Adaobi Obasi paid him a visit at the Executive Chambers of the Imo State Government House.
The Governor went on to say that Mallam Abba Kyari played a pivotal role in the liberation of Imo State and no gesture is too big for a man who died as a patriot.
The Governor also said that consultations are underway with relevant stakeholders both in the education sector and in the State to critically look at the situation and take a decision.
The Governor urged the management staff of IMSU to live up to expectation, while pointing out that his Administration is very committed to quality education in the State and that Imo State University as the epicenter can not be left behind.
The University management through the VC commended the Governor for a job well done so far. She also called on all and sundry to support His Excellency to succeed.
- Flooding: Wurukum Traders appeal to Gov over N2bn properties loss
- Kwara Police gets first female spokesperson, DSP Ejire-Adeyemi Adetoun
- Nigeria committed to end terrorism, maintenance of peace –Gaidam
- Kwara Govt. Kicks Against Street Begging
- (PHOTOS) Medical Laboratory Council Inducts KWASU’s 46 Newly Qualified Graduates
- 12 feared dead in ghastly auto crash in Kwara
- Gov. AbdulRazaq’s media aide, Rafiu Ajakaye warns against sensational reporting
- COAS visits Benue, pledges more military interventions in crises ridden areas
- Engr. Yunusa Yahaya’s death, a monumental loss to humanity— Emir of Okuta
- Emir Sulu-Gambari condoles with Etsu Tsaragi over Yahaya’s death