Dr Salihu Department of the Biochemistry, Federal Unversity Dutse (FUD), Jigawa, has developed a herbal anti-diabetic and anti-cancer drugs.
The Vice-Chancellor of the university, Prof. Fatima Batul-Muktar, disclosed this at a newsmen conference in Dutse on Monday.
“I am glad to inform you that one of our staff, Dr Salihu Ibrahim Isma’il of the Biochemistry Department has developed a herbal anti-diabetic and anti-cancer drugs,” Fatima-Batul said.
The vice chancellor said that the anti-diabetic drug has successfully passed a pre-clinical stage.
She added that it has also gotten ethical approval for clinical trial by Kano State Hospitals Management Board (KSHMB).
According to her, the clinical trial will soon commence at Muhammad Abdullahi Wase Specialist Hospital (MAWSH), Kano.
Batul-Muktar, who identified research as one of the important works of a university, noted the varsity’s academic staffers have successfully completed 16 research works in different fields since its establishment in 2011, adding “19 research works are currently ongoing”.
According to Batul-Muktar, the Tertiary Education Trust Fund (Tetfund), has released N178, 956, 970 million to the varsity for Academic Staff Training and Development (AST&D).
She further revealed that 11 academic staff are currently on local fellowship pursuing their PhDs, six on foreign scholarship and 17 academic staff have benefitted from conference attendance.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
ROYAL NEWS eCopy March 28, 2022
- Foundation produces 65 graduates, gets donation from Davido
- I’ll work with NASS to restructure Nigeria – Atiku
- 2023: I will end banditry in 6 months, says Wike
- Blasphemy: No ‘jungle justice’ in Islam, Group backs Sultan Abubakar
- Prophet Muhammad Was Insulted While Alive, Yet He Didn’t Kill Anybody – Sheikh Gumi
- I’m only PDP presidential aspirant to win APC– Wike
- SOKOTO IMBROGLIO: MURIC CONDEMNS LOOTING, ATTACKS ON CHURCHES
- Kwara Police Spokesman, Ajayi Okasanmi loses father at 84, Gov. Abdulrazaq mourns
- Emefiele quits 2023 presidential race— Source
- 2023: We can’t afford to make mistakes, Saraki tasks Delta delegates