Former Senate President, Bukola Saraki has condemned the alleged rape and murder of Vera Uwaila Omozuwa, a 100-level Microbiology student of the University of Benin, UNIBEN.
Uwaila, a 100-level Microbiology student of UNIBEN, was allegedly raped and killed by some unknown persons while reading in a Redeemed Christian Church of God, RCCG, in Benin City.
Her death has generated diverse opinion from Nigerians and prominent persons who have called for justice.
Reacting, Saraki on his Twitter page called for justice for the deceased.
The PDP chieftain while praying for her family appealed to relevant authorities to fish out the perpetrators of the evil act.
“The reports of the rape and murder of a 22-year-old undergraduate of the University of Benin, Uwa Omozuwa, in a church in Benin city are extremely shocking. Such savagery has no place in the Nigerian society.
“As a people, we have to work to create safe spaces for our girls and women – in our homes, at work and in our places of worship – free from any and all sorts of sexual violation. And I say this not just because I’m a girl dad but because it is the right thing to do.
“I strongly appeal to our law enforcement agencies to leave no stone uncovered in finding the perpetrators of this heinous act and bringing them to justice.
“I pray that the Almighty comforts the Omozuwa family and strengthens them at this very difficult time.”
- Respect culture of your host communities– Traditional ruler to corps members
- Court orders INEC to accept Labour Party’s candidates in 24 states
- Kwara Govt engages additional 200 sweepers to improve public hygiene
- El-Rufai insists Aso Rock cabal working against Tinubu, vows to unmask them
- Court dissolves Ganduje’s daughter 16-year-old marriage, orders return of dowry
- 522,000 PVCs uncollected in Edo – INEC
- INEC to conduct mock voter accreditation in Delta
- NSCDC warn officers against careless handling of firearms during elections
- Businesses crumble in Kaduna as traders lament scarcity of new, old naira notes
- Adeleke directs immediate payment of arrears of half salaries for civil servants