Veteran Nigerian Juju musician, Dayo Kujore, is dead. According to family sources, he died in the earlier hours of Monday, January 10, 2022. He was 63 years old.
The singer was confirmed dead at the Lagos State University Teaching Hospital (LASUTH) Ikeja, Lagos. The cause of his death is yet to be made public.
Dayo Kujore was born on April 4, 1958 in Robiyan, Abeokuta in Ogun state. He would have turned 64 on April 4, 2022. He began playing the guitar at 10 and rose to become popular for creating a new tune from the Juju genre called Soko music.
Amongst his many albums include Elevation, Wisdom, Joy, Easy Life, and the popular Soko Xtra.
May his soul rest in peace, Amen.
- Ronaldo signs £173m deal with Al-Nassr
- Zenith Bank wins Bank of the Year
- Late Onijagbo was a great servant of God— Gov. AbdulRazaq
- Emir of Ilorin mourns late Onijagbo, Oba Fagbemi
- I’m thinking of getting married for sex, says Juliana Olayode
- DMO raises concern over Nigeria’s debt
- BREAKING…Yoruba King, Onijagbo of Ijagbo dies
- Commissioner kidnapped in Benue
- Oluwo condems burning of Aree palace, vows to go after perpetrators
- I may not use Nigerian hospitals if elected president – Atiku