Village Head suspended in Bauchi
The village head of Sabon Layi Kwara in the Bogoro Local Government Council of Bauchi State, Daniel Salka, has been suspended over the alleged violence that led to the death of his wife, Hajara.
ROYAL NEWS gathered that the approval was given by the Chairman of the council, Iliya Habila.
The council’s Director of Administration and General Services, Marcus Nehemiah, disclosed this in a letter addressed to the suspended village head and made available to journalists on Sunday.
He said the suspension was with immediate effect pending the outcome of investigation by the police.
According to Nehemiah, the suspended hamlet head, a retired Assistant Superintendent of Police, was alleged to have beaten his wife to death on April 19, 2021.
He stated that Salka was arrested by a combined team of vigilantes and operatives of the Department of State Services on April 26, 2021 in the Bayara suburb and handed over to the police in Bogoro for investigation and possible prosecution.
Download ROYAL NEWS app
- Fuel subsidy: Court stops NLC, TUC, others from embarking on strike
- Kwara Gov meets labour leaders on fuel subsidy removal
- Fuel subsidy: Kwara govt. reduces workdays for civil servants
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic announces retirement from football
- NYSC presents court with documents to prove certificate forgery by Peter Mbah
- Reactions trail ‘drop’ in cooking gas price
- Professionalism and Patriotism: Toun Okewale’s achievements speak loudly
- About 490,000 Job Opportunities Awaiting Nigerians Here—NDPB
- Subsidy: Electricity workers to embark on nationwide strike
- Return missing bullet proof jeeps within 5 days– Zamfara Gov tells Matawalle