The village head of Sabon Layi Kwara in the Bogoro Local Government Council of Bauchi State, Daniel Salka, has been suspended over the alleged violence that led to the death of his wife, Hajara.
ROYAL NEWS gathered that the approval was given by the Chairman of the council, Iliya Habila.
The council’s Director of Administration and General Services, Marcus Nehemiah, disclosed this in a letter addressed to the suspended village head and made available to journalists on Sunday.
He said the suspension was with immediate effect pending the outcome of investigation by the police.
According to Nehemiah, the suspended hamlet head, a retired Assistant Superintendent of Police, was alleged to have beaten his wife to death on April 19, 2021.
He stated that Salka was arrested by a combined team of vigilantes and operatives of the Department of State Services on April 26, 2021 in the Bayara suburb and handed over to the police in Bogoro for investigation and possible prosecution.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Gov. Abdulrazaq, KAMWIRE, Etsu Patigi, others for Kwara NUJ award
- Nigeria/India engages to boost volume of trade, economic activities
- Scandal rocks CCB as commissioners accuse chairman of corruption
- Atala Oil Field: NUPRC under fire in Senate over wrongful re-allocation
- 62 National Day, Sen. Enang urges Nigerians to keep hope alive
- Sheikh Aboto’s death has left another vacuum in dawwah activities— Emir of Ilorin
- KAM Holding CEO rejoices with Abubakar Sulu-Gambari on attainment of SAN rank
- Nigeria-Saudi Chamber of Commerce Will Deepen Countries’ Relations —Minister
- FAAN boss commends increase in passengers traffic at Abuja airport
- Ciroma of Ilorin, A.B. Sulu-Gambari, 61 others make final SANs list (FULL NAMES)