Erstwhile Secretary to the Osun State Government,Engr Fatai Akinbade has described voter’s card as the weapon that could be used by the electorate to dislodge any bad government in the country.
To this end ,Akinbade,a leading governorship aspirant on the platform of the Peoples Democratic Party, implored the people of the state, particularly those who have not registered,to ensure they register with INEC, with a view to obtaining their Permanent Voter Cards(PVCs)that would enable them to participate in the coming elections.
Specifically, in a statement, he said this has become imperative in view of the Osun State governorship election slated for September,this year.
“It is only when our people either go for their unclaimed PVCs with the INEC and/or those who have not registered at all,do so now,that the hope of our people of freeing themselves from the shackles of Rauf Aregbesola’s administration and the APC can be brought to bear” noted Akinbade.
The former SSG decried the situation whereby many people in the state have not registered, while thousands of them who had registered,have not gone to collect their PVCs.
“It is disheartening that while many have refused to register, thousands of PVCs are lying fallow at INEC’s offices in the state without being collected by their owners” he lamented.
While describing the development as worrisome, he maintained that it was only through their voter’s cards that they could be empowered to vote out the All Progressive Congress-led government in Osun State.
Akinbade added that the complaints and anger of the people of the state against the government of Rauf Aregbesola could only brought to an end if they have voter’s card they would use at the governorship polls in September later this year.
“Consequently, I am passionately appealing to our people to go out and register. Parents should equally mobilise their children who are already 18 years old, being the voting age recognized by law.
“Again,all those who have already registered and are yet to collect their PVCs, should please do so earnestly. This is because that is. your power to show this government their deserved red card”, he said.
- Bernard Arnault overtakes Elon Musk, emerges world’s richest
- Fuel Scarcity: Give us petrol at official ex-depot price, lPMAN tasks NNPC
- We have no hands in appointment of VCs– NUC
- World Cup quarter-finals: Morocco vs. Portugal on Saturday
- Adamawa establishes 5 sexual referral centres – Official
- Ukraine’s Volodymyr Zelenskyy named Time’s 2022 Person of the Year
- Gov. Sule approves N1.5bn for upgrading Nasarawa Broadcasting Service– Commissioner
- Why we are detaining D’Banj – ICPC
- Adeleke denies withdrawing N5bn from Osun accounts
- DMO issues 2 FGN savings bonds at N1,000 per unit