Voters laud INEC over conduct of election Improvement
Voters in Kwara have lauded INEC for improving in the conduct of the Gubernatorial and State House of Assembly elections compared to the Presidential and National Assembly election held on Feb. 25.
They described the election as perfect, as one of them Mr Aliyu Jimoh said INEC officials arrived early with the materials intact to attend to the voters.
Jimoh also said the BVAS machine functioned effectively in most polling units compared to last Saturday’s presidential and NASS elections.
“Unlike the presidential election, there was no complaint today. INEC has done well and improved on their performance,” he said
Another voter, Mrs Comfort Adeyemi said the BVAS did not malfunction at his own polling unit 013 in Alomilaya Ganmo in Ilorin.
Adeyemi said the security personnel, the electorate and INEC officials were orderly as the process was peaceful.
Alhaji Abdullaahi Ishola, who voted at polling unit 006, besides General Hospital, Oro, said that the conduct of the election was smooth.
“I rate this election as the best so far. Kudos to INEC. Nobody is complaining today as everything is working perfectly and fast,” he said.
A student, Folorunsho Solomon described the election as ‘Special’ as many errors in the presidential/NASS elections were rectified.
Solomon, however, urged members of the public to stop portraying INEC as enemy of democracy but encourage them to do better.
“In Nigeria, we always condemn everything and not appreciate people’s efforts.
“INEC has done well. Stop portraying them as enemy of democracy,” he said.
Copyright 2023 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
Download ROYAL NEWS app
- ICPC arraigns ex-JAMB’s Ojerinde, 4 children over alleged fraud
- World Athletics bans transgender women from women’s competition
- I will run Peter Obi’s model of governance in Abia State – Alex Otti
- No clandestine meeting between Oriwoola, Tinubu– Onanuga
- I won election before without Peter Obi – Alex Otti
- IESA welcomes Alfanla’s emergence as UNILORIN’s Registrar-designate
- My suspension by Ayu last kick of a dead horse — Fayose
- 10th NASS: Experience, competence should be criteria for leadership positions —-Bamidele
- Nigeria Air to Take-off Before End of Buhari’s Administration—-Sirika
- NSIB Sets To Release Report Soon–– DG