The Wakilin Raya Kasar Zazzau, a member of Zazzau Emirate Council, Alhaji Aminu Yakubu-Wambai, has resigned his traditional title after 19 years on the position.
He resigned shorlty after the appointment of Alhaji Ahmed Nuhu Bamalli by Governor Nasir El-Rufai as the new Emir of Zazzau on Wednesday.
Alhaji Aminu Yakubu-Wambai was a permanent Zazzau Emirate Council member representing Kaduna South Local Government Area.
In the letter, he explained that his decision to resign was personal.
The letter read: “I write to express my gratitude to Allah for making me to be appointed to the position, as well as to say my pleasure for enabling me to serve credibility well to best of my ability and loyalty for the period of 19 years from Friday, 21 June 2001 to date.
“I am beset, humbly conscious of my enthusiasts to convey to you my resolve to resign my appointment as the 7th Wakilin Raya Kasar Zazzau, as well as a permanent Zazzau Emirate Council member representing Kaduna South Local Government Areas of Kaduna State, with effect from today October 7, 2020.’’
“I would like to assure you and the general public, that my resignation is purely personal, and therefore has nothing to do with any apprehension or fright whatsoever. It is based on my utmost conviction to step aside from the palace activities, so as to enable me to concentrate on the numerous personal duties.”
- Bernard Arnault overtakes Elon Musk, emerges world’s richest
- Fuel Scarcity: Give us petrol at official ex-depot price, lPMAN tasks NNPC
- We have no hands in appointment of VCs– NUC
- World Cup quarter-finals: Morocco vs. Portugal on Saturday
- Adamawa establishes 5 sexual referral centres – Official
- Ukraine’s Volodymyr Zelenskyy named Time’s 2022 Person of the Year
- Gov. Sule approves N1.5bn for upgrading Nasarawa Broadcasting Service– Commissioner
- Why we are detaining D’Banj – ICPC
- Adeleke denies withdrawing N5bn from Osun accounts
- DMO issues 2 FGN savings bonds at N1,000 per unit