ABOUT 12 Housemates in the 2017 edition of the popular reality TV show, Big Brother Naija were ushered into the Big Brother House on Sunday night to the cheers of millions of expectant television audiences across Africa.
The 12 housemates who are going to slug it out for the next 11 weeks showcasing their best selves, while also avoiding possible eviction by voters, will be gunning for the ultimate prize money of N25 million and a brand new KIA Sorento car.
After a 10-year break, Big Brother Nigeria (BBN), a spinoff of Big Brother Africa (BBA) is making a comeback with a brand new name, Big Brother Naija to reflect its ‘Nigeriannes’.
The show, with the headline sponsor, an online store, PayPorte, has other notable brands including Coca Cola, Legend Extra Stout, Indomie Instant Noodles, Minimie Chin-Chin as well as Pharmatex, jostling to leverage its large viewership to stay ahead of their competitors.
Big Brother Nigeria (BBN) like its forerunner, Big Brother Africa (BBA) has produced amazing talents, who are currently holding sway in the Nigerian entertainment industry.
The Managing Director, MultiChoice Nigeria, John Ugbe, speaking on the return of BBN, said the re-invented BBN is another remarkable way of delighting customers through enhancement of the company’s product offerings.
In his words: “The addition of BBN to our content is a demonstration of our commitment to consistently meet the needs of our customers through innovative, qualitative and varied content available on DStv platforms,” he said.
Ugbe said the show has been repackaged to meet the current socio-economic realities, following the success of the past seasons.
“BBA was popular for its entertainment value and ability to showcase ordinary Africans from different walks of life in extra-ordinary ways,” he said.
“We decided to re-invent the reality show by bringing back the Nigerian version, which we are confident, will draw a pan-African audience. The show will be broadcast live on dedicated event channels on all DStv packages and on GOtv Plus.”
Katung Aduwak emerged winner of the first edition of the show which also produced other notable stars such as Africa Magic’s Tinsel actor, Gideon Okeke, and TV personality Ebuka Obi-Uchendu in 2006.
The official launch on Sunday drew a large audience from the entertainment industry many of whom are products of one reality show or the other.
Indeed many Nigerian movie superstars owe their emergence to reality shows which launched them into fame.
Facebook Comments Box
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Gov. Abdulrazaq, KAMWIRE, Etsu Patigi, others for Kwara NUJ award
- Nigeria/India engages to boost volume of trade, economic activities
- Scandal rocks CCB as commissioners accuse chairman of corruption
- Atala Oil Field: NUPRC under fire in Senate over wrongful re-allocation
- 62 National Day, Sen. Enang urges Nigerians to keep hope alive
- Sheikh Aboto’s death has left another vacuum in dawwah activities— Emir of Ilorin
- KAM Holding CEO rejoices with Abubakar Sulu-Gambari on attainment of SAN rank
- Nigeria-Saudi Chamber of Commerce Will Deepen Countries’ Relations —Minister
- FAAN boss commends increase in passengers traffic at Abuja airport
- Ciroma of Ilorin, A.B. Sulu-Gambari, 61 others make final SANs list (FULL NAMES)