Adams Oshiomhole, a former National Chairman of the All Progressives Congress (APC), has pleaded with Governor Godwin Obaseki, to be magnanimous in victory.
Oshiomhole said this while congratulating Obaseki on his victory at the Supreme Court on Monday.
In his letter to the Governor, which was made public by Oshiomhole’s media aide, Victor Oshioke, in Benin, on Monday, the ex-APC national chairman appealed to Obaseki to put the past behind.
“Congratulations on your victory at the Supreme Court, which has effectively laid to rest all matters arising from the last election,” the letter read in part.
“As I had repeatedly reminded you during our several meetings, our relationship has through the years developed beyond being friends to being brothers of different parents.
“Whatever happened is unfortunate, and I believe God has a reason for everything. I’ve put all behind me and moved on.
“As I’ve consistently advised, please be magnanimous in victory. You’re the Governor of all Edo people, regardless of political leanings.
“Once again, congratulations Excellency!”
- 2023 election about competence, not religion– Tinubu Group
- 2023: Osinbajo group endorses Tinubu, receives APC letter of recognition
- Kwara Govt converts Ilorin General Hospital to teaching hospital
- I won’t forget Nigerians if elected, Tinubu vows
- Spectrum Auction will democratize broadband for Nigerians — Danbatta
- Olam, Kwara Govt treat communities on tropical diseases
- Presidential rally: Tinubu’s supporters besiege Teslim Balogun Stadium, Lagos
- Court fines PRP’s presidential candidate, Kola Abiola, for late documents filing
- Two FRSC officers crushed to death by truck in Akwa Ibom
- World cup: Host country Qatar eliminated