We are not deterred by COVID-19 to mark Nigeria@60 – NUTAG
The Nigeria Union of Traders Association in Ghana (NUTAG) says it is not deterred by the coronavirus pandemic to mark Nigeria’s 60th independence anniversary.
The President of NUTAG, Mr Chukwuemeka Nnaji, disclosed this in a telephone interview with ROYAL NEWS in Abuja on Monday.
Nnaji spoke on the sideline of preparations for Oct. 1 independence celebrations.
According to him, many programmes have been lined-up by Nigerians in Ghana to mark Nigeria’s independence in line with COVID-19 protocols.
“With or without COVID-19, Nigerians and friends of Nigeria in different sectors of Ghana, are ready to celebrate Nigeria@60,’’ Nnaji said.
He listed an award ceremony of 60 most impactful Nigerians in Ghana as one of the events scheduled to hold on Oct. 3 as part of the anniversary.
“We always mark our independence in Ghana every year.
“Sixty years is special to the human race and as Nigerians, we are very unique when it comes to showcasing patriotism.’’
ROYAL NEWS reports that President Muhammadu Buhari on Sept. 16, unveiled the logo and theme for the 60th independence anniversary.
Copyright 2023 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
Download ROYAL NEWS app
- What Buhari told Nigerians in his 38–paragraph final address
- Yoruba nation promoters take over FG Radio station, declares self-govt
- President Buhari confers citizenship on 385 foreigners
- I have made Nigeria better– Buhari insists
- Bakare utters suprising statements as Tinubu takes over power tomorrow
- Tuition increment: 2 UNIABUJA students expelled
- Defence Minister hand-over to Perm Sec., Ibrahim Kana
- Lagos to ban parking on roads
- South-east eternally grateful for Second Niger Bridge completion– Soludo
- Buhari, Shettima, Sultan, others attend Inauguration in Abuja