The Federal Controller of Works in Kwara State, Alhaji Wasiu Atitebi, says the Federal Government is not indebted to any contractor handling all ongoing road projects in the state.
Atitebi made the clarification while speaking journalists on the sidelines of a tour of some Federal Government road projects across the state.
The controller was in company with the Director of Federal Highways for the North Central Zone, Mr Dayyabul Mamnan.
Atitebi said the Federal Government was not owing any contractor for jobs executed, adding that all certificates for payment of jobs executed were settled by the Federal Government.
One of the contractors handling the projects, Mr Nie Yong, while corroborating the claim of the Controller, said the Federal Government was not owing his company.
Atitebi, who inspected the completed llorin-Jebba road, expressed satisfaction with the execution of the project.
Some of the motorists plying the llorin-Jebba road expressed gratitude to the Federal Government over the completion of the road, saying it would boost socio-economic development of the area.
They called for creation of alternative roads for trucks to reduce accidents on the newly constructed road.
Other ongoing road projects inspected were the Ilorin-Egbe boundary road, Offa bye-pass and the Aboto-Afon boundary road.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Emir of Ilorin rejoices with Durosinlohun Kawu, Idris Haroon over National Honour Awards
- Senate considers bill to regulate informal sector employment
- Senate directs NEMA, others to help flood victims nationwide
- Senate hints on Electoral Offences Bill for 2023 elections
- Tstv accepts pay per view model against other stakeholders
- Breaking…. Kwara Gov. makes fresh appointments
- Bill demanding to Legalize Power Rotation stepped down in Senate
- Senate Moves to Whittle Down Powers of CBN Governor
- National Assembly’s Clerk, Amos Ojo solicits support for security agencies
- 2022 Olojo: Ooni assures of restoration of Nigeria’s lost glory