In a statement issued by the state chairman of ASUU, Comrade Yale Ibrahim, in a letter dated 24th August, 2022, denied suspending the current national strike embarked upon by ASUU.
According to him, the union before the commencement of the National strike which began on the 4th of February 2022 notified the university authorities of their readiness to join the National strike which they did.
He added that, to their chagrin, a circular from the university academic secretary Abdulazeez Salihu, dated 24th August, 2022, announced the resumption of academic activities in the university, the letter which was signed by him contained academic activities time table “we want to state here, that, the university is still on strike and that no academic staff will resume on that date as contained in the letter.
He urged all academic staff to comply by staying at home until the national body of ASUU suspends the national strike, noting that KSUSTA ASUU remains firm on its stand to continue with the strike till further notice.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Breaking…. Kwara Gov. makes fresh appointments
- Bill demanding to Legalize Power Rotation stepped down in Senate
- Senate Moves to Whittle Down Powers of CBN Governor
- National Assembly’s Clerk, Amos Ojo solicits support for security agencies
- 2022 Olojo: Ooni assures of restoration of Nigeria’s lost glory
- SAD….Emir of Ilorin mourns late CSO, ASP Adebayo Olowoyo
- Emir Sulu-Gambari celebrates Turaki of Ilorin, Saliu Mustapha at 50
- APC appoints Omole as Director, Diaspora of Campaign Council
- FUT Minna appoints new Vice Chancellor, (Read Profile)
- PDP: Nothern coalition stages protest in Kaduna, says Ayu must resign