His Royal Highness, Alhaji (Dr.) Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari CFR, is the paramount ruler of the Ilorin Emirate and Chairman Kwara State Traditional Council. He is the 11th Emir of Ilorin and coincidentally, there are 11 unique things about the highly respected monarch.
1. He was born on 22nd April 1940
2. He is a direct descendant of Shehu Soliu Alimi
3. He became the Ciroma’n Ilorin on 30th November 1984.
4 He rose to become a Justice of Court of Appeal and served across the country.
5.He ascended the throne as the 11th Emir of Ilorin on 28th Aug 1995 and coronated on 11 November 1995 at exactly 11:11am.
6. He is the son of Hajia Ayisatu (Imma) who is:
7 The granddaughter of the 7th Emir of Ilorin, Shehu Shuaibu Dan Bawa
8. The daughter of the 8th Emir of Ilorin, Shehu Abdulkadir Dan Shuaibu Bawa
9. The Wife of the 9th Emir of Ilorin, Shehu Zulkarnaini Muhammadu Gambari
10. The Sister of the 10th Emir of Ilorin, Shehu Aliyu Abdulkadir
11. The mother of the 11th Emir, Shehu Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari Jikan Bawa.
- Court stops PDP from suspending Wike
- Katsina rally: Tinubu gives reason for ‘low key’ campaign
- APC will win 2023 election– Fashola
- FG vows to increase workers’ minimum wage
- New Naira notes: Police warn against violence
- Agriculture contributes 23.78% to GDP – Minister
- PHOTO NEWS: Peter Obi visits Emir of Ilorin
- 2023 elections: NUT opens up on candidate to vote
- World Cancer Day: DevComms advocate public literacy for earlier detection
- Fuel Scarcity: Transporters Demand Removal of Sylva, Kyari