Alhaji Abdulmuminu Ibrahim stated this on Monday shortly after he emerged new chairman of the union in an election held at the ABU main campus, Samaru, Zaria.
In his acceptance speech, Ibrahim said the new executives would continue to fight for the interest of ABU pensioners with the assistance of the national body.
“With the assistance of the national headquarters, we shall ensure that all pensioners’ privilege is paid on time.
“When we fully assume office, we shall swing into action to ensure that the arrears of 33 per cent are paid without further delay,’’ he assured.
The Chairman added: “May I let you know that what is happening here today is a victory for all ABU pensioners.
“I must not fail to inform you that the forces that are behind the injustice and cheating of ABU pensioners are still fighting very hard not to let go.
“They want to continue oppressing and cheating ABU pensioners forever. I want to assure you that there has never been any election of this type in ABU before now’’.
- UNILORIN VC seeks upgrade of molecular lab to public health lab
- Naira, Fuel, scarcity take shine off 44th Kaduna International Trade Fair
- I paid ₦1,000 for litre– Oshiomhole laments fuel scarcity, price
- Tems wins Grammy award
- Kwara South Group Drums Support For ADC Reps candidate, Gbenga Power
- Kwara Governor Mourns As Ex-Women Affairs Commissioner Dies In Auto-Crash
- Naira Redesign: How CBN Governor, Godwin Emefiele deceived Buhari— Oshiomhole
- Emir of Ilorin salutes Gov. Abdulrahman Abdulrazaq at 63
- Entrepreneurs count losses over scarcity of new Naira notes
- Buhari has indeed subdued Boko Haram — Buratai