Alhaji Abdulmuminu Ibrahim stated this on Monday shortly after he emerged new chairman of the union in an election held at the ABU main campus, Samaru, Zaria.
In his acceptance speech, Ibrahim said the new executives would continue to fight for the interest of ABU pensioners with the assistance of the national body.
“With the assistance of the national headquarters, we shall ensure that all pensioners’ privilege is paid on time.
“When we fully assume office, we shall swing into action to ensure that the arrears of 33 per cent are paid without further delay,’’ he assured.
The Chairman added: “May I let you know that what is happening here today is a victory for all ABU pensioners.
“I must not fail to inform you that the forces that are behind the injustice and cheating of ABU pensioners are still fighting very hard not to let go.
“They want to continue oppressing and cheating ABU pensioners forever. I want to assure you that there has never been any election of this type in ABU before now’’.
- No plans to dump PDP, Samuel Ortom speaks
- (PHOTOS) NLC Protest: Mammoth crowd hit Abuja streets over hardship
- Oyebanji Unveils N12bn Economic Relief Programme
- (PHOTOS) Ex-Finance Minister, Okonjo-Iweala bags Timor Leste’s second highest national honour
- Kwara CP sues for peaceful demonstration ahead of planned protest (FULL STATEMENT)
- Nnamdi Kanu knows fate on fresh bail battle March 19
- Ex-DSP, Ekweremadu commends Nigerians for solidarity, prayers
- 16, 920 applicants jostle for UNILORIN’s admission
- 3 kids of same parents die of suffocation in Ilorin
- SERAP sues Wike, 36 govs ‘over failure to account for missing N40trn LGAs allocations’