Alhaji Abdulmuminu Ibrahim stated this on Monday shortly after he emerged new chairman of the union in an election held at the ABU main campus, Samaru, Zaria.
In his acceptance speech, Ibrahim said the new executives would continue to fight for the interest of ABU pensioners with the assistance of the national body.
“With the assistance of the national headquarters, we shall ensure that all pensioners’ privilege is paid on time.
“When we fully assume office, we shall swing into action to ensure that the arrears of 33 per cent are paid without further delay,’’ he assured.
The Chairman added: “May I let you know that what is happening here today is a victory for all ABU pensioners.
“I must not fail to inform you that the forces that are behind the injustice and cheating of ABU pensioners are still fighting very hard not to let go.
“They want to continue oppressing and cheating ABU pensioners forever. I want to assure you that there has never been any election of this type in ABU before now’’.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- SAD….Emir of Ilorin mourns late CSO, ASP Adebayo Olowoyo
- Emir Sulu-Gambari celebrates Turaki of Ilorin, Saliu Mustapha at 50
- APC appoints Omole as Director, Diaspora of Campaign Council
- FUT Minna appoints new Vice Chancellor, (Read Profile)
- PDP: Nothern coalition stages protest in Kaduna, says Ayu must resign
- Nigeria Air: FG selects Ethiopian Airlines as preferred bidder
- Buhari urges more private sector participation in humanitarian sector
- COAS tasks retired officers on maximum utilisation of entitlements
- Sulu-Gambari greets Olomu of Omu-Aran, Oba Adeoti at 66
- PDP governors working to resolve party crisis—Tambuwal