The leadership of the Kwara State House of Assembly has disclosed that its ongoing oversight function is not aimed at portraying the executive in bad light.
The house leader and member representing Ilorin central constituency Abubakar Olawoyin Magaji made the clarification on Wednesday.
He reacted to a report trending on social media that the legislature is at logger head with the executive over some projects inspected.
Olawoyin Magaji maintained that performing oversight function is part of their constitutional responsibility.
He said that the 9th legislature under Right Honourable Yakubu Danladi-Salihu remained committed to delivering dividends of democracy to good people of the state through harmonious working relationship with the executive.
“The truth of the matter is that when the executive award contract, it is the statutory responsibility of the legislature to inspect the projects to know the progress of work; don’t forget that we are the one who are approving these money so we have to ensure that the money is spent judiciously…making observation does not mean we disagreed with the executive ”
The lawmaker therefore appealed to the press to verify their fact so as not to mislead the public.
- Emir of Bauchi’s brother found dead
- PHOTO NEWS: FG empowers women in Kebbi
- Gov. Adeleke reacts to tribunal’s judgement, vows to appeal
- BREAKING….Ademola Adeleke sacked as Osun Governor
- Kebbi assembly deputy speaker, 5 other resign appointments
- Adamawa guber candidate dies
- Lawyer sues CBN, seeks extension of deadline for old naira notes
- CBN unveils domestic card to strengthen payments system
- SHOCKING… Governor loses son
- Banks in Ogun applauded over circulation of new naira notes