Kwara APC governorship candidate AbdulRahman AbdulRazaq on Saturday said the party is confident of winning all the elections in the state as “voters have fully brought into our message”.
AbdulRazaq told reporters in Ilorin at his Idi Igba family house that all the party’s candidates would win by a landslide because the people of Kwara “are totally fed up with the current status quo”.
“So far so good. The turnout has been good and we definitely are sure of victory,” he said, minutes before he cast his ballot at the Open Space polling unit 004 of Adewole Ward.
AbdulRazaq commended the security agencies and the electoral body for the jobs done so far, adding however that “it is too early to give full comments on the conduct of the elections”.
He expressed concerns about reports of incomplete or mixed up ballot papers in parts of Ilorin metropolis, calling on the electoral body to quickly address the concerns.
Abdulrazaq enjoined all kwarans to be calm as their wish of a new Kwara would soon become a reality.
“We call on our people to be patient and orderly. Once you get to the polling units before 2pm, you will be allowed to cast your vote. We urge our people to remain calm,” he said.
He explained that the Otoge revolution has swept across the state, and “all people must do is to be cool headed and upright to the end. We are on a mission to rebuild from the scratch and victory is assured, by God’s grace.”
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Ciroma of Ilorin, A.B. Sulu-Gambari, 62 others make final SANs list (FULL NAMES)
- Enugu West: Onyeama lied in affidavit claiming that I’m dead —Okah
- Yobe North: I accept the court judgement — Lawan
- Emir of Ilorin rejoices with Durosinlohun Kawu, Idris Haroon over National Honour Awards
- Senate considers bill to regulate informal sector employment
- Senate directs NEMA, others to help flood victims nationwide
- Senate hints on Electoral Offences Bill for 2023 elections
- Tstv accepts pay per view model against other stakeholders
- Breaking…. Kwara Gov. makes fresh appointments
- Bill demanding to Legalize Power Rotation stepped down in Senate