Former Governor of Kano State, Senator Rabi’u Musa Kwankwaso, has been rejected by the people of the state, Governor Abdullahi Umar Ganduje has said.
ROYAL NEWS reports that the governor also challenged his predecessor to launch his presidential campaign for the 2019 general elections in Kano.
Ganduje spoke at the second phase of empowerment of 6,600 women on Sunday. He said the people of Kano would never welcome Kwankwaso.
“Kwankwaso is aware that the people of Kano will use democratic way to show him an exit from political participation,” the governor said
Ganduje recalled that when some of the popular markets in Kano experienced fire disasters, Kwankwaso did not come to the state to sympathise with the victims not to talk of donating to them.
He said those who care about Kano had made their contributions to the victims.
He said Kano is solely for Buhari and not any other presidential candidate, noting that, “We are waiting for Kwankwaso to come to Kano and launch his campaign. We will use all democratically accepted ways and say ‘No’ to him.”
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Breaking…. Kwara Gov. makes fresh appointments
- Bill demanding to Legalize Power Rotation stepped down in Senate
- Senate Moves to Whittle Down Powers of CBN Governor
- National Assembly’s Clerk, Amos Ojo solicits support for security agencies
- 2022 Olojo: Ooni assures of restoration of Nigeria’s lost glory
- SAD….Emir of Ilorin mourns late CSO, ASP Adebayo Olowoyo
- Emir Sulu-Gambari celebrates Turaki of Ilorin, Saliu Mustapha at 50
- APC appoints Omole as Director, Diaspora of Campaign Council
- FUT Minna appoints new Vice Chancellor, (Read Profile)
- PDP: Nothern coalition stages protest in Kaduna, says Ayu must resign