The Former Minister of Aviation, Chief Femi Fani-Kayode, has said that Nnamdi Kanu, the leader of the proscribed Indigenous People of Biafra has called him.
He made the revelation via his verified Twitter handle, @realFFK, on Saturday.
In the tweet, Fani-Kayode said he was delighted at the fact that Kanu is still alive and well. He also added that they have agreed to work together to vote out the current administration.
He said, “I just received a call from my brother Nnamdi Kanu. I am delighted that he is alive and well. I commend his strength and courage even as I marvel at the loyalty, resilience, and commitment of his lawyer Ifeanyi Ejiofor and IPOB. We have agreed to work together to VOTE Buhari out.”
Nnamdi Kanu resurfaced in a video, shared on social media on Friday. He was seen praying at the Wailing Wall in Jerusalem.
His lawyer, Ifeanyi Ejiofor, had earlier revealed that he spoke with him and that he would hold a press conference on Sunday.
Also, IPOB had through a statement by its Media and Publicity Secretary, Emma Powerful, confirmed on Friday that the person seen in the video was its leader at the Wailing Wall in Jerusalem, where he joined other faithful to offer prayers.
Kanu is being prosecuted by the Federal Government before the Federal High Court in Abuja before he went missing on September 14, 2017, following a military invasion of his home in Afara-Ukwu in Umuahia, Abia State.
The military invasion took place during the last year’s ‘Operation Python Dance II’ staged by the military to quell the agitation for the secession of the Republic of Biafra from Nigeria.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Kogi Assembly seals Dangote Cement factory
- Kwara NUJ holds Ilorin NBA in friendly match to mark 2022 Press week
- Google announces first Cloud Region in Africa
- Kaduna CP warns against extra judicial killings
- Senate moves to make Nigeria manufacturing country
- Senate exits Customs, FIRS, NCC, others from budget
- Senate confirms 19 RECs, NUPRC Executive Commissioner
- Ijara-Isin monarch hails TIC Chairman on birthday occasion
- Nigeria in Calamitous situation over oil theft, vandalism, others — NNPCL
- Minister, others reject Senate’s bill on proposed innovation agency