The Ilorin Emirate Youth Development Association (IEYDA), has extended his usual empowerment scheme to the inmates of the Medium Security Service, Oke-Kura Prison, Ilorin on Wednesday, ROYAL NEWS has gathered.
It was gathered that the group provided new set of uniforms, food items, lanterns with kerosene, and extension and pipe laying of borehole water to the female section of the prison for the benefit of the inmates.
While presenting the materials, the President of the association, Alhaji Abdullah Babatunde Salaudeen, applauded donors and specially thanked the National Publicity Secretary of the All Progressives Congress, APC, Mallam Bolaji Abdullahi, for his numerous support even as he appealed to the Prison authority to make judicious use of the items.
See pictures below:
In his remarks, the Deputy Controller of Prisons in-Charge of Oke-Kura, Mr. Adeyinka Adebayo Oyun, lauded the contributions of IEYDA for finding it worthy to extend their hands of fellowship to the inmates.
He however urged the people not to forget or forsake the inmates as they still remain part of the community as many would still be reunited with the people and the community.
In his sermon, the Chief Imam of NASFAT, Abuja, Alhaji Sarafadeen Abdulsalam Aliagan, prayed for the leadership of the Oke-Kura Prison for their human appraoch and handling of the inmates. He equally prayed to God almighty to replenish the pockets of the donors who have been supporting the association to reach out to the people of the Ilorin Emirate community.
While delivering the items, the Publicity Secretary of IEYDA, Alhaji Uthman Muhammed Jagunmo, urged the inmates to effectively utilize the items and reminded them that their present situation should not mar their future as no condition is permanent. He however, called on other well to do in the society to support courses meant to impact positively in the lives of the people.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- KAM Holding CEO rejoices with Abubakar Sulu-Gambari on attainment of SAN rank
- Nigeria-Saudi Chamber of Commerce Will Deepen Countries’ Relations —Minister
- FAAN boss commends increase in passengers traffic at Abuja airport
- Ciroma of Ilorin, A.B. Sulu-Gambari, 61 others make final SANs list (FULL NAMES)
- Enugu West: Onyeama lied in affidavit claiming that I’m dead —Okah
- Yobe North: I accept the court judgement — Lawan
- Emir of Ilorin rejoices with Durosinlohun Kawu, Idris Haroon over National Honour Awards
- Senate considers bill to regulate informal sector employment
- Senate directs NEMA, others to help flood victims nationwide
- Senate hints on Electoral Offences Bill for 2023 elections