What NSCIA says as mosques reopen in Ekiti
As Mosques reopen in Ekilti after the COVID-19 lockdown, the Nigerian Supreme Council for Islamic Affairs (NSCIA), says individuals are expected to come with private praying mats and ablution kettles.
Alhaji Kunle Sanni, President, NSCIA EKiti chapter, in a statement on Thursday, said the services in the Mosque would be in line with directives of government on COVID-19 protocol.
Sanni said investigation by the religious body had confirmed that substantial number of Mosques operating in the state were ready to reopen.
He said, however, that only Mosques that met conditions set by government, which include fumigation of premises, provision of infrared thermometer, sanitisers, handwashing facilities and strict compliance with other COVID-19 protocols, would be allowed to operate.
The News Agency of Nigeria recalls that Gov. Kayode Fayemi had, in a statewide broadcast on Aug. 6, announced that Churches and Mosques in Ekiti had substantially complied with provisions of some COVID-19 precautionary measures and would, therefore, begin service from Aug. 14.
Sanni advised that anybody above the age of 65 and below the age of 12, should stay away from the Mosque.
“The service is expected to start at 1:30 p.m and end at 2:30 p.m.
”Everybody participating in the prayer should wear nose mask. The number of worshippers in the Mosque should be determined by the capacity of the space to contain worshippers standing six feet apart.
“It should be ensured that under no circumstances should the worshippers converge to have any meetings or social gathering without maintaining social distancing.
“Mosque management should appoint officials to monitor compliance,” he said.
Copyright 2023 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
Download ROYAL NEWS app
- Poor awareness of Tuberculosis Disease causing havoc in Nigeria – NTBLCP
- Funke Akindele deletes PDP’s political posts on Instagram page
- Popular music legand, Jaigbade Alao is dead
- We’ll review governorship, state assembly election results — INEC
- Adamawa guber: Thugs protest apparent loss of APC’s Binani
- Breaking…. Kano govt imposes 24hrs curfew as NNPP wins guber poll
- Nigeria not practising democracy but ‘Agberocracy’– Apostle Suleman
- Election victory: Kwara CMO Coordinator, Idris Haroon felicitates with Gov. AbdulRazaq
- Dikko Radda of APC declared winner Katsina guber election
- APC candidate, Ahmed Aliyu wins sokoto guber polls